Precipitation characteristics and its impact on vegetation restoration in Minqin County, Gansu Province, northwest China
Article first published online: 31 MAR 2010
Copyright © 2010 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 31, Issue 8, pages 1153–1165, 30 June 2011
How to Cite
Du, J., Yan, P. and Dong, Y. (2011), Precipitation characteristics and its impact on vegetation restoration in Minqin County, Gansu Province, northwest China. Int. J. Climatol., 31: 1153–1165. doi: 10.1002/joc.2122
- Issue published online: 31 MAR 2010
- Article first published online: 31 MAR 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 FEB 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 28 JAN 2010
- Manuscript Received: 17 AUG 2009
- 2006. Study on Desert Ecology in Minqin. Gansu Science and Technology Press: Lanzhou. , .
- 2006. Summer rain pulse size and rainwater uptake by three dominant desert plants in a desertified grassland ecosystem in northwestern China. Plant Ecology 184: 1–12. , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Water utilization of dominant desert plants. PhD Thesis. Chinese Academy of Forestry: Beijing, China. .
- 2009. Trends in extreme precipitation indices derived from a daily rainfall database for the South of Portugal. International Journal of Climatology 29: 1956–1975. , .
- 1998. Differential water resource use by herbaceous and woody plant life-forms in a shortgrass steppe community. Oecologia 117: 504–512. , , .
- 1996. Response of a grassland cactus to frequency and size of rainfall events in a North American shortgrass steppe. Journal of Ecology 84: 177–183. , , .
- 1991. Differential utilization of summer rains by desert plants. Oecologia 88: 430–434. , , , .
- 2004. Observed monthly precipitation trends in China 1951–2002. Theoretical and Applied Climatology 77: 39–45. , , .
- 1962. Light rainfall and plant survival in east Africa, I. maze. Journal of Ecology 50: 111–118. , .
- 2004. Daily precipitation changes in the semi-arid region over northern China. Journal of Arid Environments 59: 771–784. , , .
- 2000. Severe summer rainfall in China associated with enhanced global warming. Climate Research 16: 51–59. , .
- 2001. Spatial distribution of seasonal rainfall trends in a western Mediterranean area. International Journal of Climatology 21: 843–860. , , , .
- 2006. Variability of precipitation in the Atacama desert: its causes and hydrological impact. International Journal of Climatology 26: 2181–2198. .
- 2009. Analysis of a 27-year rainfall data (1977–2003) in the Sultanate of Oman. International Journal of Climatology 29: 605–617. , , .
- 2004. Perceiving desertification from the lay perspective in northern China. Land Degradation and Development 15: 529–542. , .
- 2000. Spatial analysis of rainfall trends in the region of Valencia (east Spain). International Journal of Climatology 20: 1451–1469. , , , , .
- 2007. Dust events as a risk factor for daily hospitalization for respiratory and cardiovascular diseases in Minqin, China. Atmospheric Environment 41: 7048–7058. , .
- 2009. Rainfall trends in the KwaZulu-Natal Drakensberg region of South Africa during the twentieth century. International Journal of Climatology 29: 1634–1641. .
- 1973. Desert ecosystems: environment and producers. Annual Review of Ecological System 4: 25–52. .
- 1982. Small rainfall events: an ecological role in semiarid regions. Oecologia 53: 301–304. , .
- 1985. Root profiles and the ecological effects of light rainshowers in arid and semiarid regions. American Midland Naturalist 114: 406–408. , .
- 2004. Recent changes in rainfall and rainy days in Ethiopia. International Journal of Climatology 24: 973–983. , .
- 2006. Agricultural causes of desertification risk in Minqin, China. Journal of Environmental Management 79: 348–356. , , .
- 1998. Changes in rainfall characteristics in northern Nigeria. International Journal of Climatology 18: 1261–1271. , .
- 2009. Responses of different life-form plants in Garbantunggut Desert to small rainfall events. Chinese Journal of Ecology 28: 1028–1034. , .
- 1999. Research on desert vegetation changes for 40 years at Shajingzi area in Minqin. Journal of Desert Research 19: 395–397. .
- 2007. Effect of water table to niche of plant population at Minqin oasis fringe. Acta Ecologica Sinica 27: 4900–4906. , , .
- 2000. Impact of precipitation and underground water level in the edge of oasis growth and decline of Nitraria tangutorum community. Chinese Journal of Applied Ecology 11: 923–926. , .
- 2004. Variation trend of precipitation and its impact on water resources in China during last 50 years (I): Annual variation. Journal of Glaciology and Geocryology 26: 587–594. , , , , .