This article was published online on 30 March 2010. An error was subsequently identified. This notice is included in the online and print versions to indicate both have been corrected 16 April 2010.
Special Issue Article
Hydrological impacts of land use/land cover change in a large river basin in central–northern Thailand†
Version of Record online: 30 MAR 2010
Copyright © 2010 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Special Issue: Impacts of land use change on climate
Volume 30, Issue 13, pages 1917–1930, 15 November 2010
How to Cite
Petchprayoon, P., Blanken, P. D., Ekkawatpanit, C. and Hussein, K. (2010), Hydrological impacts of land use/land cover change in a large river basin in central–northern Thailand. Int. J. Climatol., 30: 1917–1930. doi: 10.1002/joc.2131
- Issue online: 30 MAR 2010
- Version of Record online: 30 MAR 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 FEB 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 15 JAN 2010
- Manuscript Received: 6 OCT 2008
- 1999. The effective number of spatial degrees of freedom in a time-varying field. Journal of Climate 12: 1990–2009. , , , , .
- 2009. Objective determination of monsoon season onset, withdrawal, and length. Journal of Geophysical Research 114: D23109. , .
- 2006. Investigating urban land use effects on runoff by using the distributed large basin runoff model. Proceedings of The World Environmental and Water Resources Congress 2006, May 2006, Nebraska, USA. , , .
- Department of Environmental Quality Promotion (DEQP). 2007. The improvement water quality classification plan in the Yom Watershed. Project report. Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Department of Water Resources (DWR). 2005. The master plan for management and administration in the Yom Watershed. Final report, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, Bangkok, Thailand.
- 2000. Global characteristics of stream flow seasonality and variability. Journal of Hydrometeorology 1: 289–310. , .
- DHI Software. 2004. MIKE 11: a modelling system for rivers and channels reference manual. Hørsholm, Denmark, 514 pp.
- 2005. Effects of urbanization on the geomorphology, habitat, hydrology, and fish index of biotic integrity of streams in the Chicago area, Illinois and Wisconsin. American Fisheries Society Symposium 47: 87–115. , , , , , .
- Geo-Informatics and Space Technology Development Agency (GISTDA). 2005. Satellite Imagery of Flooding. Siam M&B Publishing: Bangkok, Thailand.
- 2009. Effects of land use changes on streamflow generation in the Rhine basin. Water Resources Research 45: W06405, DOI:10.1029/2008WR007574. , , , , , .
- Illinois Association for Floodplain and Stormwater Management (IAFSM). 2004. Effects of urban development on flood. IAFSM News, Spring 2004.
- 2005. Introductory Digital Image Processing: A Remote Sensing Perspective, 3rd edn. Prentice Hall: Upper Saddle River, NJ. .
- 2004. Assessing land use impacts on flood processes in complex terrain by using GIS and modeling approach. Environmental Modeling and Assessment 9: 227–235. , , , .
- 1998. Assessing the effect of land use change on catchment runoff by combined use of statistical tests and hydrological modelling: case studies from Zimbabwe. Journal of Hydrology 205: 147–163. , , .
- 2007. A survey of image classification methods and techniques for improving classification performance. International Journal of Remote Sensing 28: 823–870. , .
- 2000. Automatic calibration of a conceptual rainfall–runoff model using multiple objectives. Journal of Hydrology 235: 276–288. .
- Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives (MOAC), Ministry of Natural Resource and Environment (MONRE). 2005. Strategies for water resource management in Yon River Basin, Bangkok, Thailand.
- 1999. The influences of land-use changes on hydrology and riparian environment in a northern Japanese landscape. Landscape Ecology 14: 543–556. , .
- 1997. Preliminary findings from validation of a methodology for landuse and landcover change study in Thailand. Proceedings of the Synthesis Workshop on Greenhouse Gas Emission. Aerosols, Landuse and Landcover Changes in Southeast Asia, 76–80. .
- 2003. GIS application in evaluating land use-land cover change and its impact on hydrological regime in Langat River basin, Malaysia. Proceeding of the 2nd Annual Asian Conference of Map Asia, October 2003, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. , , , , , .
- 1981. Spectral Analysis and Time Series, vol. 1 Academic Press: New York. .
- Royal Irrigation Department (RID). 2003. Master plan for water resource and irrigation management, Bangkok Thailand.
- 2005. Urban growth and land cover change in Chiang Mai and Taipei: results from The SLEUTH model. Proceedings of the International Congress on Modelling and Simulation, Advances and Applications for Management and Decision Making, December 2005, Melbourne, Australia. , , .
- 2000. Statistical significance of trends and trend differences in layer-average atmospheric temperature time series. Journal of Geophysical Research 105: 7337–7356. , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Impacts of impervious surface on runoff behavior, Santiago de Chile, 1973–2002: a watershed approach combining statistical methods, remote sensing, and geographic information system. MA thesis, University of Colorado at Boulder. .
- 2007. The effect of land use/cover change on surface runoff in Shenzhen region, China. Catena 69: 31–35. , , , , .
- 2007. The Development of Strategic Environmental Assessment and Decision Making Process for Healthy Public Policy: The case study of water resource management in Yom Basin. Project report, Health Systems Research Institute, Thailand. .
- 1974. Tank model and its application to Bird Creek, Wollombi Brook, Bikin River, Kitsu River, Sanaga River, and Nam Mune. Research Note of the National Research Center for Disaster Prevention 11, Tsukuba, Japan, 1–64. , ., , .
- 2000. Application of tank, NAM, ARMA and neural network models to flood forecasting. Hydrological Processes 14: 2473–2478. , .
- 2009. A simple approach to distinguish land-use and climate-change effects on watershed hydrology. Journal of Hydrology 376: 24–33. , .