Weather types accompanying very high pressure in Krakow in the period 1901–2000
Article first published online: 7 OCT 2010
Copyright © 2010 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 31, Issue 14, pages 2183–2193, 30 November 2011
How to Cite
Bielec-Bakowska, Z. and Piotrowicz, K. (2011), Weather types accompanying very high pressure in Krakow in the period 1901–2000. Int. J. Climatol., 31: 2183–2193. doi: 10.1002/joc.2230
- Issue published online: 24 OCT 2011
- Article first published online: 7 OCT 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 AUG 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 14 AUG 2010
- Manuscript Received: 2 FEB 2010
- Ministry of Science and Higher Education. Grant Number: N306 049 32/3237
- 2009. Classification of circulation types: a new flexible automated approach applicable to NCEP and GCM datasets. Theoretical and Applied Climatology 96: 3–15. , , .
- 2001. The objective weather type classification of the German weather service and its possibilities of application to environmental and meteorological investigations. Meteorologische Zeitschrift 10(4): 253–260. , .
- 1979. Weather typology for the needs of climatotherapy. Dokumentacja Geograficzna 2: 12–24 (in Polish with English summary). .
- 2004. Bioclimatic principles of recreation and tourism. Prace Geograficzne 192: 1–291 (in Polish with English summary). .
- 2008. A weather-type approach to analyzing winter precipitation in France: twentieth-century trends and the role of anthropogenic forcing. Journal of Climate 21(13): 3118–3133. , .
- 1994. Weather types and types of atmospheric circulation in the Poznań region. Badania Fizjograficzne nad Polska̧ Zachodnia̧, seria A, Geografia Fizyczna 45: 25–42 (in Polish with English summary). , .
- 2004. Weather types associated with extreme temperatures in England. Part 1: maximum temperatures. Journal of Meteorology 29(294): 358–365. .
- 2005. Weather types associated with extreme temperatures in England, part 2: minimum temperatures. Journal of Meteorology 30(295): 23–30. .
- 2002. The influence of weather-type and long-range transport on airborne particle concentrations in Edinburgh, UK. Atmospheric Environment 36(34): 5343–5354. , , .
- 2009. Changes of atmospheric circulation in central Europe and their influence on climatic trends in the Czech Republic. Theoretical and Applied Climatology 96: 57–68. , .
- 2004. Annual structure of states of weather in Hornsund (SW Spitsbergen). Polish Polar Studies, XXX Miȩdzynarodowe Sympozjum Polarne, Gdynia, 81–94 (in Polish with English summary). .
- 2000. Seasonal variation of the atmospheric pressure in Warsaw in the 19th and 20th century. Przegla̧d Geofizyczny 1: 17–32 (in Polish with English summary). , , .
- 1925. The summer and winter weather of selected cities in North America. Monthly Weather Review 10: 427–429. .
- 1984. Circulation types and weather classes (illustrated with an example of data from Lublin in the period 1951–1975). Sympozjum Naukowe Udział Nauki Polskiej w Światowym Programie Klimatycznym, Skierniewice, 55–56 (in Polish). .
- 1992. Circulation types and weather types in Poland. Wydawnictwo UMCS, Lublin, 1–92 (in Polish). .
- 1965. New Soviet Publications in the Field of “Complex Climatology”. International Journal of Biometeorology 9(5): 261–265. .
- 1995. Deep cyclones, anticyclones and zonal circulation over Europe (1900–1990). Przegla̧d Geofizyczny 40(3): 231–246 (in Polish with English summary). .
- 1996. Weather types in Szczecin. In Climate in Szczecin and contemporary climatic changes in the region of Baltic Sea, Kożuchowski K (ed). Szczecin; 29–32 (in Polish with English summary). .
- 2008. Influence of the persistence of circulation patterns on warm and cold temperature anomalies in Europe: analysis over the 20th century. Global and Planetary Change 62: 147–163. .
- 2006. Changes in atmospheric circulation over Europe detected by objective and subjective methods. Theoretical and Applied Climatology 85: 19–36. , .
- 2000. An empirical classification of weather types in the Mediterranean Basin and their interrelation with rainfall. Theoretical and Applied Climatology 66: 161–171. .
- 1969. A numeral classification of circulation and weather types for Poland. Prace Państwowego Instytutu Hydrologiczno-Meteorologicznego 97: 3–15 (in Polish with English summary). .
- 1994. Assumptions and criteria of the classification of weather types in Poznań in 1920–1990. Badania Fizjograficzne nad Polska̧ Zachodnia̧ 45: 68–80 (in Polish with English summary). .
- 1984. Weather-type classification by factor analysis in the Thessaloniki area. International Journal of Climatology 4(4): 437–443. .
- 1985. Correspondences between types of circulation and weather types. Application to the area of Thessaloniki. Zeitschrift für Meteorologie 35(1): 26–35. .
- 1988. The synoptic weather types and objective delimitation on the winter period in Greece. Weather 43: 40–45. .
- 2003. Circulation types and their influence on the interannual variability and precipitation changes in Greece. In Mediterranean climate: variability and trends, Bolle HJ (ed). Springer: Berlin; 215–239. , .
- 2000. An objective classification of circulation types in Greece (in Greek). 5th National Conference Meteorology-Climatology-Physics of the Atmosphere, Thessaloniki, Greece, September 2000: 25–33. , , .
- 2009. Comparison of objective air-mass types and the Péczely weather types and their ability to classify levels of air pollutants in Szeged, Hungary. International Journal of Environment and Pollution 36(1–3): 81–98. , , , , .
- 1992. Weather structures and annual seasonality of the Arctowski Station climate. Problemy Klimatologii Polarnej 2: 30–49 (in Polish). .
- 2009a. A study of weather types at Athens and Thessaloniki and their relationship to circulation types for the cold-wet period, part I: two-step cluster analysis. Theoretical and Applied Climatology 97(1–2): 163–177. , , , , .
- 2009b. A study of weather types at Athens and Thessaloniki and their relationship to circulation types for the cold-wet period, part II: discriminant analysis. Theoretical and Applied Climatology 97(1–2): 179–194. , , , , .
- 2008. Weather types and rainfall over Senegal. Part I: observational analysis. Journal of Climate 21(2): 266–287. , , , .
- 1925. A classification of weather types. Monthly Weather Review 10: 431–434. .
- 1927. Frequencies of weather types at San Jose. Monthly Weather Review 9: 403–405. .
- 1981. Synoptic situations and its influence on spatial differentiation of selected climatic elements in upper Vistula basin. Rozprawy Habilitacyjne Uniwersytetu Jagiellońskiego 58: 1–165 (in Polish with English summary). .
- 1983. The method of a synoptic-complex characterization of the climate presented upon the example of the Upper Vistula river basin. Zeszyty Naukowe UJ, Prace Geograficzne 57: 17–39. .
- Niedźwiedź T (ed). 2003. Meteorological dictionary. Polskie Towarzystwo Geofizyczne. IMGW: Warszawa (in Polish).
- 1967. On a complex characteristic of the climate. Przegla̧d Geograficzny 39(3): 601–614 (in Polish with English summary). .
- 1968. Porovnanie typov počasia na Štrbskom Plese podĺa dynamickoklimatologického a komplexneklimatologického hodnotenia. Meteorologické Zprávy 21(1): 12–15 (in Czech with English summary). .
- 2002. Circulation weather types and their influence on temperature and precipitation in Estonia. Boreal Environment Research 7(3): 281–289. , , .
- 2009. Changes in frequency of Baltic Sea cyclones and their relationships with NAO and climate in Estonia. Boreal Environment Research 14: 143–151. .
- 2002. The redevelopment of a weather-type classification scheme for North America. International Journal of Climatology 22(1): 51–68. .
- 2003. North American weather-type frequency and teleconnection indices. International Journal of Climatology 23(1): 27–45. .
- 1998. Frequency changes of weather types in the Alpine region since 1945. Theoretical and Applied Climatology 60(1–4): 47–61. , , .
- 2002. Diurnal characteristics of heavy precipitation according to weather type at an upland site in Scotland. International Journal of Climatology 22(5): 569–585. , , .
- 1925. Weather types in the climate of Mexico, The Canal Zone, and Cuba. Monthly Weather Review 10: 434–437. .
- Trepińska J (ed). 1997. Fluctuations of climate in Cracow (1792–1995). Instytut Geografii UJ: Kraków (in Polish with English summary).
- 2007. Air pressure. In Cracow's climate in 20th century, Matuszko D (ed). Institute of Geography and Spatial Management of the Jagiellonian University: Krakow; 41–54 (in Polish with English summary). .
- 2006. Climatology and interannual variability of storm tracks in the Euro-Atlantic sector: a comparison between ERA-40 and NCEP/NCAR reanalyses. Climate Dynamics 26: 127–143. .
- 2000. Circulation weather types and their influence on the precipitation regime in Portugal. International Journal of Climatology 20(13): 1559–1581. , .
- 2007. Diurnal variation of precipitation frequency in the warm half of the year according to circulation types in Kraków, South Poland. Theoretical and Applied Climatology 89(3–4): 229–238. .
- 2000/2001. Calendars of circulation types—an evaluation attempt. Annales Universitatis Marie Curie-Sklodowska, Sectio B—Geographia, Geologia, Mineralogia et Petrographia 55/56: 347–356 (in Polish with English summary). .
- 2001. Circulation background of the atmospheric precipitation in Central Europe (based on the Polish example). Meteorologische Zeitschrift 10: 103–111. , .
- 1977. The seasonal structure outline of the climate in the Great Poland lowland and Pomeranian lake district. Wydawnictwo Naukowe Uniwersytetu im. A. Mickiewicza, seria Geografia 15: 1–89 (in Polish with English summary). .
- 1999. Climate of Poland. Wydawnictwo Naukowe PWN: Warszawa (in Polish). .