Changes in the extreme daily rainfall in South Korea
Version of Record online: 7 OCT 2010
Copyright © 2010 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 31, Issue 15, pages 2290–2299, December 2011
How to Cite
Park, J.-S., Kang, H.-S., Lee, Y. S. and Kim, M.-K. (2011), Changes in the extreme daily rainfall in South Korea. Int. J. Climatol., 31: 2290–2299. doi: 10.1002/joc.2236
- Issue online: 25 NOV 2011
- Version of Record online: 7 OCT 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 31 AUG 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 3 AUG 2010
- Manuscript Received: 13 JAN 2010
- Korea Meteorological Administration Research and Development Program. Grant Number: RACS_20102015
- 2006. Change of extreme events of temperature and precipitation over Korea using regional projection of future climate change. Geophysical Research Letter 33: L01701, DOI:10.1029/2005GL023378. , ,
- 2004. Response of global warming on regional climate change over Korea: an experiment with the MM5 model. Geophysical Research Letter 31: L21206, DOI:10.1029/2004GL021171. , , ,
- 2008. On spatial extremes: with application to a rainfall problem. Annals of Applied Statistics 2: 624–642. , ,
- 2000. Interannual and interdecadal variations of the East Asian summer monsoon and tropical Pacific SSTs. Part I: roles of the subtropical ridge. Journal of Climate 13: 4310–4325. , ,
- 2009. Changes in means and extreme events of temperature and precipitation in the Asia-Pacific Network region, 1955–2007. International Journal of Climatology 29: 1906–1925. , ,
- 2001. An Introduction to Statistical Modeling of Extreme Values, Springer-Verlag: London.
- 2009. Trends in extreme precipitation indices derived from a daily rainfall database for the South of Portugal. International Journal of Climatology 29: 1956–1975. ,
- 2009. A sketch of statistics of spatial extremes. Workshop of Spatial Extremes and Applications, EPFL, Lausanne. http://extremes.epfl.ch/page82035.html [accessed October 1 2009].
- 2007. Generalized maximum likelihood estimators for the nonstationary GEV model. Water Resource Research 43: W03410. , , , ,
- 2007. Modeling annual extreme precipitation in China using the generalized extreme value distribution. Journal of Meteorological Society of Japan 85: 599–613. , ,
- 1994. Regional climate change scenarios over the United States produced with a nested regional climate model. Journal of Climate 7: 375–399. , ,
- 2007. In Climate Change 2007: The Physical Science Basis. Contribution of Working Group I to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Solomon et al. (eds). Cambridge University Press: Cambridge and New York. , , , , , , , ,
- 1997. Regional Frequency Analysis: An Approach based on L-Moments, Cambridge University Press: Cambridge. ,
- 2002. Recent trends in temperature and precipitation over South Korea. International Journal of Climatology 22: 1327–1337. , , ,
- 2002. Statistics of extremes in hydrology. Advances in Water Resources 25: 1287–1304. , ,
- 2006. Frequency analysis of a sequence of dependent and/or non-stationary hydro-meteorological observations: a review. Journal of Hydrology 329: 534–552. , , , ,
- KMA. 1995. Meteorological Stations Circumstances, Korea Meteorological Administration: Seoul (in Korean).
- 1999. Extreme Value Distributions, Imperial College Press: London. ,
- 1998. Heavy rainfall over Korea during 1980–1990. Korean Journal of Atmospheric Sciences 1: 32–50. , ,
- 2007. ENSO Response to global warming as simulated by ECHO-G/S. Atmosphere 17: 365–379 (in Korean with English Abstract). , , , ,
- 2001. Trends in extreme daily rainfall and temperature in southeast Asia and the south Pacific: 1961–1998. International Journal of Climatology 21: 269–284. , , ,
- 2005. Extremes of daily rainfall in west central Florida. Climatic Change 69: 325–342.
- 2007. Maximum daily rainfall in South Korea. Journal of Earth System Science 116: 311–320. ,
- National Institute of Meteorological Research (NIMR). 2009. Understanding of climate change Vol. II: Present status and future projection of climate change in Korean peninsula. (In Korean).
- 2001. Modelling summer extreme rainfall over the Korean peninsula using wakeby distribution. International Journal of Climatology 21: 1371–1384. , , ,
- 2002. Modelling Korean extreme rainfall using a kappa distribution and maximum likelihood estimates. Theoretical and Applied Climatology 72: 55–64. ,
- 2009. Variability of extreme temperature and precipitation in Iran during recent decades. International Journal of Climatology 29: 329–343, DOI:10.1002/joc.1739. , ,
- 2009. Extreme rainfalls in SE South America. Climatic Change 96: 119–136, DOI:10.1007/s10584-009-9619-x. ,
- 2009. Non-stationary frequency analysis of extreme daily rainfall in Sao Paulo, Brazil. International Journal of Climatology, DOI:10.1002/joc.1760. , ,
- 1996. Characterization of extreme rainfall in an East Asian monsoon-climate catchment in the upper reachers of the Hui river, China. International Journal of Climatology 16: 321–337. ,
- 1995. Statistical Methods in the Atmospheric Sciences, Academic Press: New York.
- 2006. On “field significance” and the false discovery rate. Journal of Applied Meteorology and Climatology 45: 1181–1189.
- World Meteorological Organization. 1983. Guide to Climatological Practices, WMO-No. 100. 2nd edn.
- 2006. Global warming patterns over the north Pacific ENSO versus AO. Journal of Meteorological Society of Japan 84: 221–241. ,
- 2003. Monte Carlo experiments on the determination of trends in extreme values. Journal of Climate 17: 1945–1952. , ,