Extreme precipitation vulnerability in the Upper Thames River basin: uncertainty in climate model projections
Version of Record online: 27 OCT 2010
Copyright © 2010 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 31, Issue 15, pages 2350–2364, December 2011
How to Cite
Solaiman, T. A., King, L. M. and Simonovic, S. P. (2011), Extreme precipitation vulnerability in the Upper Thames River basin: uncertainty in climate model projections. Int. J. Climatol., 31: 2350–2364. doi: 10.1002/joc.2244
- Issue online: 25 NOV 2011
- Version of Record online: 27 OCT 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 SEP 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 26 JUN 2010
- Manuscript Received: 10 NOV 2009
- Canadian Foundation for Climate and Atmospheric Sciences
- 2008. Atmospheric warming and the amplification of precipitation extremes. Science 321: 1480–1484. , .
- 2006. Quantifying uncertainty in changes in extreme event frequency in response to doubled CO2 using a large ensemble of GCM simulations. Climate Dynamics 26(5): 489–511, DOI: 10.1007/S00382-005-0097-1. , , , , .
- 2002. Extreme daily precipitation in western Europe with climate change at appropriate spatial scales. International Journal of Climatology 22: 69–85. .
- 2008. Notes and correspondence on the verification and comparison of extreme rainfall indices from climate models. Journal of Climate 21: 1605–1621. , .
- 2009. Integrated reservoir management system for adaptation to climate change impacts in the Upper Thames River basin. Water Resources Research Report 62. Facility for Intelligent Decision Support, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering: London, Ontario, Canada. , , .
- 2008. Improving the simulation of extreme precipitation events by stochastic weather generators. Water Resources Research 44: W12439, DOI: 10.1029/2008WR007316. , .
- 2007. Hydrologic Impacts of Climate Change: Uncertainty Modeling, PhD thesis, Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Science: Bangalore, India. .
- 1993. A Class of Stochastic Models for Relating Synoptic Atmospheric Patterns to Local Hydrologic Phenomena, PhD thesis, University of Washington, USA. .
- 1994. A class of stochastic models for relating synoptic atmospheric patterns to regional hydrologic phenomena. Water Resources Research 30(5): 1535–1546. , .
- 1999. A non-homogeneous hidden markov model for precipitation occurrence. Journal of Applied Statistical Science 48(1): 15–30. , , .
- IPCC. 2007. Climate Change 2007: The Physical Science Basis. Contribution of Working Group I to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Solomon S, Qin D, Manning M, Chen Z, Marquis M, Averyt KB, Tignor M, Miller HD (eds). Cambridge University Press: Cambridge, New York, NY; 996.
- 2008. Temporal evolution of low-flow regimes in Canadian rivers. Water Resources Research 44: W08436, DOI: 10.1029/2007WR006132. , , , .
- 2007. A daily weather generator for use in climate change studies. Environmental Modelling & Software 22: 1705–1719. , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Statistics of extremes and estimation of extreme rainfall, 1, theoretical investigation. Hydrological Sciences Journal 49(4): 575–590. .
- 2006. Inverse Flood Risk Modelling of The Upper Thames River basin. Water Resources Research Report No. 052. Facility for Intelligent Decision Support, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering: London, Ontario, Canada. , .
- 1997. Use of a stochastic weather generator in the development of climate change scenarios. Climatic Change 35: 397–414. , .
- 2006. Simulating climate change scenarios using an improved K-nearest neighbor model. Journal of Hydrology 325: 179–196. , .
- 2007. Improved K-nearest neighbor weather generating model. Journal of Hydrologic Engineering 12(1): 42–51. , .
- 1997. Streamflow simulation: a nonparametric approach. Water Resources Research 33(2): 291–308. , , .
- 1986. Density Estimation for Statistics and Data Analysis. Chapman and Hall: New York, USA. .
- 2006. Changes in daily and extreme temperature and precipitation indices for Canada over the twentieth century. Atmosphere-Ocean 44(2): 177–193. , .
- 2003. Statistical precipitation downscaling over the North-western United States using numerically simulated precipitation as a predictor. Journal of Climate 16(5): 799–816. , ,
- 2007. The frequency of extreme rain events in satellite rain-rate estimates and an atmospheric general circulation model. Journal of Climate 20(1): 53–69. , .
- 1999. The weather generation game: a review of stochastic weather models. Progress in Physical Geography 23(3): 329–357. , .
- 2003. A technique for generating regional climate scenarios using a nearest-neighbour algorithm. Water Resources Research 39(7): 1199–1213. , , , .