Development and analysis of a 50-year high-resolution daily gridded precipitation dataset over Spain (Spain02)
Version of Record online: 9 DEC 2010
Copyright © 2010 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 32, Issue 1, pages 74–85, January 2012
How to Cite
Herrera, S., Gutiérrez, J. M., Ancell, R., Pons, M. R., Frías, M. D. and Fernández, J. (2012), Development and analysis of a 50-year high-resolution daily gridded precipitation dataset over Spain (Spain02). Int. J. Climatol., 32: 74–85. doi: 10.1002/joc.2256
- Issue online: 3 JAN 2012
- Version of Record online: 9 DEC 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 OCT 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 14 OCT 2010
- Manuscript Received: 28 JAN 2010
- 2003. The version 2 global precipitation climatology project (GPCP) monthly precipitation analysis (1979-present). Journal of Hydrometeorology 4: 1147–1167. , , , , , , , , , , , , and .
- 1986. A homogeneity test applied to precipitation data. Journal of Climatology 6: 661–675.
- 1999. Estimation of precipitation by kriging in the EOF space of the sea level pressure field. Journal of Climate 12: 1070–1085. , ,
- 1999. Geostatistics: Modeling Spatial Uncertainty. John Wiley & Sons, Inc.: New York. ,
- 1998. GSLIB: Geostatistical Software Library and Users Guide. Oxford University Press: New York. ,
- 1998. Spatial and temporal patterns of precipitation in Spain for the period 1880–1992. International Journal of Climatology 18: 1557–1574. , ,
- 2003. Improved field reconstruction with the analog method: searching the CCA space. Climate Research 24: 199–213. ,
- 1998. A precipitation climatology of the Alps from high-resolution rain-gauge observations. International Journal of Climatology 18: 873–900. ,
- 2007. Numerical simulation and sensitivity study of a severe hail-storm in northeast Spain. Atmospheric Research 83: 225–241, DOI: 10.1016/j.atmosres.2005.08.004. , , , , ,
- 2001. Current approaches to seasonal-to-interannual climate predictions. International Journal of Climatology 21: 1111–1152. , , , , ,
- 2002. Links between circulation and changes in the characteristics of iberian rainfall. International Journal of Climatology 22(13): 1593–1615. ,
- 1996. Development of daily rainfall scenarios for southeast Spain using a circulation-type approach to downscaling. International Journal of Climatology 18: 1051–1083. ,
- 2008. A European daily high-resolution gridded data set of surface temperature and precipitation for 1950–2006. Journal of Geophysical Research 113: D20,119. , , , , ,
- 2005. Very high resolution interpolated climate surfaces for global land areas. International Journal of Climatology 25: 1965–1978. , , , ,
- 2008. The comparison of six methods for the interpolation of daily european climate data. Journal of Geophysical Research 113:D21 110, DOI: 10.1029/2008JD010100. , , , ,
- 2008. Spatial variability in correlation decay distance and influence on angular-distance weighting interpolation of daily precipitation over Europe. International Journal of Climatology 29: 1872–1880. ,
- 2009. The influence of interpolation and station network density on the distributions and trends of climate variables in gridded daily data. Climate Dynamics 35(5): 842–858. , ,
- 1998a. Interpolation of rainfall data with thin plate smoothing splines. I two dimensional smoothing of data with short range correlation. Journal of Geographic Information and Decision Analysis 2(2): 152–167.
- 1998b. Interpolation of rainfall data with thin plate smoothing splines. II analysis of topographic dependence. Journal of Geographic Information and Decision Analysis 2(2): 168–185.
- 1983. Nonparametric estimation of spatial distributions. Mathematical Geology 15(3): 445–468.
- 2005. Daily precipitation grids for South America. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 86: 1567–1570. ,
- 1962. Traite de Geostatistique appliquee. Editions Technip. .
- 2008. Utility of daily vs. monthly large-scale climate data: an intercomparison of two statistical downscaling methods. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences 12: 551–563. ,
- 2002. A long-term hydrologically based dataset of land surface fluxes and states for the conterminous United States. Journal of Climate 15(22): 3237–3251. , , , ,
- 2004. Spatio-temporal patterns of seasonal rainfall in Spain (1912–2000) using cluster and principal component analysis: comparison. Annals of Geophysics 22: 1435–1448. ,
- 1997. Development of a relationship between station and grid-box rainday frequencies for climate model evaluation. Journal of Climate 10: 1885–1908. ,
- 2005. The generation of monthly gridded datasets for a range of climatic variables over the UK. International Journal of Climatology 25(8): 1041–1054. ,
- 2008. Homogeneity adjustments of in situ atmospheric climate data: a review. International Journal of Climatology 18: 1493–1517. , et al.
- 1998. Spatial and temporal patterns of annual precipitation variability over the Iberian Peninsula. International Journal of Climatology 18: 299–316. , , ,
- 2001. Winter precipitation over the Iberian peninsula and its relationship to circulation indices. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences 5(2): 233–244. , ,
- 2009. Spatial Modeling Principles in Earth Sciences. Springer: Berlin.
- 1968. A two-dimensional interpolation function for irregularly-spaced data. In Proceedings of 1968 ACM National Conference. ACM: New York; 517–524.
- 2008. Indices for extreme events in projections of anthropogenic climate change climatic change. Journal of Geophysics Research 86: 83–104, DOI: 10.1007/s10 584-007-9308-6. ,
- 1997. Short-term climate variations: recent accomplishments and issues for future progress. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 78: 1081–1096.
- 1993. Downscaling of global climate change estimates to regional scales: An application to Iberian rainfall in wintertime. Journal of Climate 6: 1161–1171. , ,
- 2008. A 44-year daily gridded precipitation dataset for Asia based on a dense network of rain gauges. Scientific online letters on the Atmosphere 5: 137–140, DOI: 10.2151/sola.2009–035. , , , , ,