Assessment of climate change impact on floods using weather generator and continuous rainfall-runoff model
Version of Record online: 5 AUG 2011
Copyright © 2011 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 32, Issue 13, pages 1997–2006, 15 November 2012
How to Cite
Khazaei, M. R., Zahabiyoun, B. and Saghafian, B. (2012), Assessment of climate change impact on floods using weather generator and continuous rainfall-runoff model. Int. J. Climatol., 32: 1997–2006. doi: 10.1002/joc.2416
- Issue online: 22 OCT 2012
- Version of Record online: 5 AUG 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 JUL 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 10 JUL 2011
- Manuscript Received: 27 NOV 2010
- 1999. Estimation of the ARNO model baseflow parameters using daily streamflow data. Journal of Hydrology 222: 37–54. , , .
- 1993. Stochastic models of temporal rainfall: Reproducibility, estimation and prediction of extreme events. In Stochastic Hydrology in its Use in Water Resources Systems Simulation and Optimization, Salas JD, Harboe R, Marco-Segura J (Editors). Kluwer Academic Publishers: Dordrecht, 137–173. , .
- 2008. RainSim: A spatial-temporal stochastic rainfall modelling system. Environmental Modelling and Software 23: 1356–1369, DOI: 10.1016/j.envsoft.2008.04.003. , , , , .
- 2008. An Improved Stochastic Weather Generator for Hydrological Impact Studies. Canadian Water Resources Journal 33: 233–255. , , .
- 1991. Further developments of the neyman-scott clustered point process for modeling rainfall. Water Resources Research 27: 1431–1438. .
- 1994. Generalized point process model for rainfall. Proceedings of The Royal Society of London, Series A: Mathematical and Physical Sciences 447: 23–37. .
- 2002. A space-time Neyman-Scott model of rainfall: Empirical analysis of extremes. Water Resources Research 38:DOI: Artn 1131 DOI 10.1029/2001wr000709. , , .
- 1996a. Stochastic point process modelling of rainfall. 2. Regionalisation and disaggregation. Journal of Hydrology 175: 47–65. , , , .
- 1996b. Stochastic point process modelling of rainfall. 1. Single-site fitting and validation. Journal of Hydrology 175: 17–46. , , , .
- 2004. High-frequency and low-frequency variability in stochastic daily weather generator and its effect on agricultural and hydrologic modelling. Climatic Change 63: 145–179. , , .
- 2002. Hydrological impacts of climate change on inflows to Perth, Australia. Climatic Change 55: 361–393. , .
- 2007. Linking climate change modelling to impacts studies: recent advances in downscaling techniques for hydrological modelling. International Journal of Climatology 27: 1547–1578, DOI: 10.1002/Joc.1556. , , .
- 2001. Correcting low-frequency variability bias in stochastic weather generators. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 109: 297–310. , .
- 2009. A comparison of stochastic and deterministic downscaling methods for modelling potential groundwater recharge under climate change in East Anglia, UK: implications for groundwater resource management. Hydrogeology Journal 17: 1629–1641, DOI: 10.1007/s10040-009-0457-8. , , .
- IPCC. 1995. In Impacts, Adaptations and Mitigation of Climate Change: Scientific-Technical Analyses. Watson RT, Zinyowera MC, Moss RH (eds). UK. 878.
- IPCC. 2001. Climate change 2001. Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability, Contribution of Working Group II to the third assessment report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Cambridge University Press: UK. 1032.
- 2007. Computationally efficient calibration of WATCLASS Hydrologic models using surrogate optimization. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences Discussions 4: 2307–2321. , ,
- 2009. Comparison of uncertainty sources for climate change impacts: flood frequency in England. Climatic Change 92: 41–63. , , , .
- 2006a. RCM rainfall for UK flood frequency estimation. II. Climate change results. Journal of Hydrology 318: 163–172, DOI: 10.1016/j.jhydrol.2005.06.013. , , .
- 2006b. RCM rainfall for UK flood frequency estimation. I. Method and validation. Journal of Hydrology 318: 151–162, DOI: 10.1016/j.jhydrol.2005.06.012. , , .
- 2006. Uncertainty analysis of statistical downscaling methods using Canadian Global Climate Model predictors. Hydrological Processes 20: 3085–3104, DOI: 10.1002/Hyp.6084. , , .
- 2007. A daily weather generator for use in climate change studies. Environmental Modelling and Software 22: 1705–1719, DOI: 10.1016/j.envsoft.2007.02.005. , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Simulation of rainfall extremes: fitting to observed annual maxima, First International Conference on Flood Risk, First International Conference on Flood Risk, Institute of Mathematics and its Applications, University of Bath, UK. , , .
- 2007. Resampling of regional climate model output for the simulation of extreme river flows. Journal of Hydrology 332: 487–496, DOI: 10.1016/j.jhydrol.2006.08.006. , .
- 2010. Simulating low-probability peak discharges for the Rhine basin using resampled climate modeling data. Water Resources Research 46:DOI: Artn W03512, 10.1029/2009wr007707. , , , .
- 2002. Potential climate change impacts on flood producing mechanisms in southern British Columbia, Canada using the CGCMA1 simulation results. Journal of Hydrology 259: 163–188, DOI: Pii S0022-1694(01)00580-7. , , .
- 2004. Climate Change Implications on Flood Response of a Mountainous Watershed. Water, Air, and Soil Pollution: Focus 4: 331–347. , , .
- 2007. Impacts of climate change on the frequency and severity of floods in the Châteauguay River basin, Canada. Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering 34: 1048–1060, DOI: 10.1139/l07-022. , , , .
- 2001. Interannual variability characteristics and simulated crop response of four stochastic weather generators. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 109: 283–296. , .
- 2002. A first-order analysis of the climate change effect on flood frequencies in a subalpine watershed by means of a hydrological rainfall-runoff model. Journal of Hydrology 267: 65–73, DOI: Pii S0022-1694(02)00140-3. .
- 2002. Reproduction of temporal scaling by a rectangular pulses rainfall model. Hydrological Processes 16: 611–630. , .
- 2003. Uncertainty and climate change impact on the flood regime of small UK catchments. Journal of Hydrology 277: 1–23, DOI: 10.1016/S0022-1694(03)00065-9. , , .
- 2002. Downscaling of global climate models for flood frequency analysis: where are we now? Hydrological Processes 16: 1137–1150, DOI: 10.1002/Hyp.1054. , , .
- 2001. The flood characteristics of large UK Rivers: Potential effects of changing climate and land use. Climatic Change 48: 343–359. , , .
- 2005. Modelling impacts of climate change on wheat yields in England and Wales: assessing drought risks. Agricultural Systems 84: 77–97. , .
- 2001. The impact of climate change on seasonal floods of a southern Quebec River Basin. Hydrological Processes 15: 3167–3179. , , , .
- 1998. Comparison of the WGEN and LARS-WG stochastic weather generators for diverse climates. Climate Research 10: 95–107. , , , .
- 2006. Simulating climate change scenarios using an improved K-nearest neighbor model. Journal of Hydrology 325: 179–196. , .
- 2001. Stochastic generation of annual, monthly and daily climate data: A review. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences 5: 653–670. , .
- 1988. Il modello afllussi deflussi del fiume Amo. Relazione Generale dello studio per conto della Regione Toscana, Tech. Report, Bologna. .
- 1996. The ARNO rainfall-runoff model. Journal of Hydrology 175: 339–382. .
- 2007. SDSM 4.1- a decision support tool for the assessment of regional climate change impacts, User Manual. http://co-public.lboro.ac.uk/cocwd/SDSM/SDSMManual.pdf. , .
- 2002. SDSM—a decision support tool for the assessment of regional climate change impacts. Environmental Modelling and Software 17: 147–159, DOI: Pii S1364-8152(01)00060-3. , , .
- 2005. Rainfall-runoff modelling in a catchment with a complex groundwater flow system: application of the Representative Elementary Watershed (REW) approach. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences 9: 243–261. , .