Some considerations on onset dates of the rainy season in Western-Central Brazil with antisymmetric outgoing longwave radiation relative to the equator
Version of Record online: 13 DEC 2011
Copyright © 2011 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 33, Issue 1, pages 188–198, January 2013
How to Cite
Garcia, S. R. and Kayano, M. T. (2013), Some considerations on onset dates of the rainy season in Western-Central Brazil with antisymmetric outgoing longwave radiation relative to the equator. Int. J. Climatol., 33: 188–198. doi: 10.1002/joc.3417
- Issue online: 21 DEC 2012
- Version of Record online: 13 DEC 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 NOV 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 14 NOV 2011
- Manuscript Received: 31 MAR 2011
- 2004. The South America monsoon circulation and its relationship to rainfall over West-Central Brazil. Journal of Climate 17: 47–66. , , .
- 2006. South American monsoon indices. Atmospheric Science Letters 6: 219–223. , , .
- 2009. Determination of the onset dates of the rainy season in central Amazon with equatorially antisymmetric outgoing longwave radiation. Theoretical and Applied Climatology 97: 361–372. , .
- 2007. The nature of the rainfall onset over central South America. Atmosfera 20: 377–394. , , , , , .
- 1997. Annual cycle of upper air circulation and convective activity over the tropical Americas. Journal of Geophysical Research 102: 4267–4274. .
- 1989. An investigation of the annual cycle of convective activity over the tropical Americas. Journal of Climate 2: 1388–1403. , , .
- 2007. The TRMM multisatellite precipitation analysis (TMPA): quasi-global, multiyear, combined-sensor precipitation estimates at fine scales. Journal of Hydrometeorology 8: 38–55. , , , , , , , , .
- 1985. Atlas of outgoing longwave radiation derived from NOAA satellite data. NOAA Atlas No. 6, U. S. Dept. of Commerce, NOAA, NWS, NESDIS, Washington, DC, 44. , , , .
- 1992. Large-scale common features of subtropical precipitation zones (the Baiu frontal zone, the SPCZ, and the SACZ). Part I: Characteristics of subtropical frontal zones. Journal of the Meteorological Society of Japan 70: 813–836. .
- 1993. Large-scale common features of subtropical convergence zones (the Baiu frontal zone, the SPCZ, and the SACZ). Part II: Conditions of the circulations for generating the STCZs. Journal of the Meteorological Society of Japan 71: 581–610. .
- 1988. Pentad outgoing longwave radiation climatology for the South American sector. Revista Brasileira de Meteorologia 3: 217–231. .
- 2001. Interannual variability of the rainy season and rainfall in the Brazilian Amazon Basin. Journal of Climate 14: 4308–4318. , .
- 1996. Description of complete (interpolated) outgoing longwave radiation data set. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 77: 1275–1277. , .
- 2001. On the onset and end of the rainy season in the Brazilian Amazon Basin. Journal of Climate 14: 833–852. , , , , .
- 2000. Annual changes of tropical convective activities as revealed from equatorially symmetric OLR data. Journal of the Meteorological Society of Japan 78: 543–561. , .
- 2002. Seasonal migration of monsoons between the northern and southern hemisphere as revealed from equatorially symmetric and asymmetric OLR data. Journal of the Meteorological Society of Japan 80: 419–437. , .
- 1992. Annual cycle in equatorial convection and sea-surface temperature. Journal of Climate 5: 1140–1156. , .
- 1985. Transition from the southern to northern hemisphere summer monsoon. Monthly Weather Review 113: 1470–1486. , .
- 2007. Large-scale index for South America Monsoon (LISAM). Atmospheric Science Letters 08: 51–57. , .
- 2010. A peculiar feature of the seasonal migration of the South American rain band. Journal of the Meteorological Society of Japan 88: 79–90. , , , .
- 2006. A unified view of the American Monsoon Systems. Journal of Climate 19: 4977–5000. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1994. Climatic regimes of tropical convection and rainfall. Journal of Climate 7: 1109–1118. .