Evaluation of climate change effects on future corn (Zea mays L.) yield in western Turkey
Version of Record online: 20 FEB 2012
Copyright © 2012 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 33, Issue 2, pages 444–456, February 2013
How to Cite
Durdu, Ö. F. (2013), Evaluation of climate change effects on future corn (Zea mays L.) yield in western Turkey. Int. J. Climatol., 33: 444–456. doi: 10.1002/joc.3435
- Issue online: 17 JAN 2013
- Version of Record online: 20 FEB 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 JAN 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 20 DEC 2011
- Manuscript Received: 12 AUG 2011
- 1984. The Palmer Drought Severity Index: limitation and assumptions. Journal of Climate and Applied Meteorology 23: 1100–1109. .
- 1992. Moisture risk assessment for spring wheat on the eastern prairies. a water-use simulation model. Climatological Bulletin 26: 65–78. , , .
- 2008. Evaluation of daily precipitation characteristics in the CLM and their sensitivity to parameterizations. Meteorologische Zeitschrift 17: 407–419. , , .
- 2006. CLM—the climate version of LM: brief description and long-term applications. COSMO Newsletter 6: 225–235. Retrieved April 10, 2010. Available at http://clm.gkss.de/dokumente/upload/3a8e8_COSMOnewsLetter06_clm.pdf. , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Pace and pattern of recent treeline dynamics response of ecotones to climatic variability in the Spanish Pyrenees. Climatic Change 63: 181–200. , .
- 2003. Vulnerability assessment of the maize and sorghum crops to climate change in Botswana. Climatic Change 61: 339–360. , , .
- 2006. Towards quantifying uncertainty in transient climate change. Climate Dynamics 27: 127–147. , , , , , .
- 2008. Aydın koşullarında ikinci ürün mısırın su tüketimi, Adnan Menderes University. Faculty of Agriculture Journal 5: 67–74. Retrieved May 23, 2010. Available at http://www.dergi.adu.edu.tr/ziraatdergi/cilt05/2-6.pdf. , .
- 1994. Estimating corn yield response models to predict impacts of climate change. Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics 19: 58–68. , , , .
- 2010a. Effects of climate change on water resources of the Büyük Menderes river basin, western Turkey. Turkish Journal of Agriculture and Forestry 34: 319–332. .
- 2010b. Application of linear stochastic models for drought forecasting in the Büyük Menderes Yriver basin, western Turkey. Stochastic Environmental Research and Risk Assessment. 14: 1145–1162. .
- 1997. Characteristics of 20th Century drought in the United States at multiple time scales. Atmospheric Science Paper No. 634, 1–30. , .
- 1999. Accepting the standardized precipitation index: a calculation algorithm. Journal of American Water Resource Association 35: 311–322. .
- 2000. A comparison of delta change and downscaled GCM scenarios for three mountainous basins in the United States. Journal of the American Water Resources Association 36: 387–397. , , .
- 2000. Drought indices: a review. In Drought: A Global Assessment, Wilhite DA (ed). Routledge: London and New York. .
- IPCC, 2007. Climate Change 2007: The Physical Science Basis. Summary for Policymakers. Contribution of Working Group I to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
- 2003. Future climate impact on the productivity of sugar beet (Beta vulgaris L.) in Europe. Climatic Change 58: 93–108. , , , .
- 1995. Droughts of the late 1980s in the United States as derived from NOAA polar-orbiting satellite data. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 76: 655–668. .
- 1997. Predictive assessment of severity of agricultural droughts based on agro-climatic factors. Journal of the American Water Resources Association 33: 1255–1264. , .
- 1999. Evaluation of HadCM2 and direct use of daily GCM data in impact assessment studies. Climatic Change 41: 583–614. , .
- 2007. Drought index evaluation for assessing future wheat production in Greece. International Journal of Climatology 27: 911–924. .
- 2012. Changes in exceptional hydrological and meteorological weekly event frequencies in Greece. Climatic Change 110: 249–267. .
- 1993. The relationship of drought frequency and duration to time scales. In Proceedings of the 8th Conference on Applied Climatology, January 17–22, Anaheim, CA, 179–184. , , .
- 1995. Drought monitoring with multiple time scales. In Proceedings of the 9th Conference on Applied Climatology, January 15–20, Dallas Texas, 233–236. , , .
- 2000. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Special Report on Emissions Scenarios. Cambridge University Press: Cambridge. , .
- NCDC, 2009. Global surface summary of the day dataset, Retrieved March 15, 2009. Available at ftp://ftp.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/data/gsod/.
- NC Cooperative Extension. 2000. The North Carolina Corn Production Guide: Basic Corn Production Information for North Carolina Growers. NC State University Cooperative Extensions. North Carolina, US. Retrieved May 23, 2010. Available at: http://cherokeereservation.ces.ncsu.edu/plymouth/cropsci/cornguide/.
- 2002. Palmer Kuraklık Şiddeti İndisi ile Ege Bölgesi'nin kuraklığının irdelenmesi. Ege University Faculty of Agriculture Journal 39: 119–126. , , .
- 1965. Meteorological Drought. Research Paper No. 45. US Department of Commerce Weather Bureau, Washington, DC. .
- 2004. Standart Yağış İndisi (SPI) ile Ege Bölgesinde Kuraklık Analizi. Ege University Faculty of Agriculture Journal 41: 99–106. , , .
- 2003. A global change-induced biome shift in the Montseny mountains (NE Spain). Global Change Biology 9: 131–140. , .
- 2003. An evaluation of agricultural drought indices for the Canadian prairies. Agricultural Forest Meteorology 118: 49–62. , .
- 2005. Modelling impacts of climate change on wheat yields in England and Wales: assessing drought risks. Agricultural Systems 84: 77–97. , .
- 2007. Statistical and dynamical downscaling of precipitation: an evaluation and comparison of scenarios for the European Alps. Journal of Geophysical Research 112: D04105. , , , , , , .
- 2001. Mısırda ilk su uygulama zamanı ve farklı sulama aralığı uygulamasının verim ve bazı verim özellikleri üzerine etkisi. In Proceedings of Trakya Land and Water Resources Conference, May 24–27 in Kırıklareli, Turkey. , , , .
- 2003. Meso-gamma scale forecasts using the non-hydrostatic model LM. Meteorology and Atmospheric Physics 82: 75–96. , , , , , , .
- 1980. Early warning assessments of droughts used by the U.S. agency for international development. In Climate and Risk, Pocinki LS, Greeley RS, Slater L (eds). The MITRE Corporation: McLean, VA, 8–37. , , , .
- 1948. An approach towards a rational classification of climate. Geographical Review 38: 55–94. .
- 1987. A Precipitation-Based Drought Index for the Delaware River Basin. Publications in Climatology 40. C.W. Thornthwaite Associates: Centerton, NJ. .
- 2007. Agricultural drought and spring barley yields in the Czech Republic. Plant Soil Environment 53: 306–316. , , , , , .
- 2002. Effects of climate change on US crop production: Simulation results using two different GCM scenarios. Part I. Wheat, potato, maize, and citrus. Climate Research 20: 259–270. , , , , .
- 2011. Assessment of future olive crop yield by a comparative evaluation of drought indices: a case study in western Turkey. Theoretical and Applied Climatology DOI: 10.1007/s00704-011-0535-4. , .
- 2004. A self-calibrating palmer drought severity index. Journal of Climate 17: 2335–2351. , , .
- 2001. An evaluation of the Standardized Precipitation Index, the China-Z index and the statistical Z-score. International Journal of Climatology 21: 745–758. , , , .
- 2004. An agricultural drought risk assessment model for corn and soybeans. International Journal of Climatology 24: 723–741. , , .
- 2012. ENSO Anomalies over the Western United States: present and future patterns in regional climate simulations. Climatic Change 110: 315–346. , , , , .