Relationship between rainfall and weather regimes in south-eastern Queensland, Australia
Version of Record online: 11 APR 2012
Copyright © 2012 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 33, Issue 4, pages 979–991, 30 March 2013
How to Cite
Wilson, L., Manton, M. J. and Siems, S. T. (2013), Relationship between rainfall and weather regimes in south-eastern Queensland, Australia. Int. J. Climatol., 33: 979–991. doi: 10.1002/joc.3484
- Issue online: 7 MAR 2013
- Version of Record online: 11 APR 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 MAR 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 7 FEB 2012
- Manuscript Received: 21 JAN 2011
- 2004. The impact of climate change on extreme rainfall and coastal sea levels over south-east Queensland, part 1: analysis of extreme rainfall and wind events in a GCM. CSIRO Consultancy Report for Gold Coast City Council, November 2004, 48. , .
- Bureau of Meteorology. 2008. Long-term rainfall deficiencies continue in southern Australia while wet conditions dominate the north. Special Climate Statement 16. National Climate Centre: Melbourne, Victoria.
- 1998. Air mass and dynamic parameters affecting trade wind precipitation on the northeast Queensland tropical coast. International Journal of Climatology 18: 1357–1372. , .
- 1998. An overview of the HYSPLIT_4 modeling system of trajectories, dispersion, and deposition. Australian Meteorological Magazine 47: 295–308. , .
- 2006. A synoptic climatology of tropospheric ozone episodes in Sydney, Australia. International Journal of Climatology 26: 1635–1649. , , .
- 1979. A K-means clustering algorithm. Applied Statistics 28: 100–108. , .
- 2000. A static stability index for low-topped convection. Weather Forecasting 15: 246–254. .
- 2001. The NCEP-NCAR 50 year reanalysis: monthly means CD-ROM and documentation. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 82: 247–268. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1983. An interactive Barnes objective map analysis for use with satellite and conventional data. Journal of Climate and Applied Meteorology 22: 1487–1503. , , .
- 1991. Rainfall variations in Queensland, Australia. International Journal of Climatology 11: 745–768. .
- 1992. Variations of sea-surface temperatures off north-eastern Australia and associations with rainfall in Queensland: 1956–1987. International Journal of Climatology 12: 765–782. .
- 1997. Regional indices of climate variation: temperature and rainfall in Queensland, Australia. International Journal of Climatology 17: 55–66. .
- 2004. Variability of southeastern Queensland rainfall and climate indices. International Journal of Climatology 24: 703–721. , .
- 2009. The environment of precipitating shallow cumulus convection. Journal Atmospheric Science 66: 1962–1979. , , .
- 2007. Rain in shallow cumulus over the ocean, the RICO campaign. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 88: 1912–1928. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Characteristics and variability of synoptic features associated with cool season rainfall in southeastern Australia. International Journal of Climatology 29: 1695–1613. , , , , .
- 2007. ERA-Interim: New ECMWF reanalysis products from 1989 onwards. ECMWF Newsletter 110: 25–33. , , .
- 1989. Weather types at Brisbane, Queensland: an example of the use of principal components and cluster analysis. International Journal of Climatology 9: 3–32. .
- 2012. The Queensland cloud seeding research program. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 93(1): 75–90. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .