Spatiotemporal variability of April rainfall in Korea by western Pacific teleconnection pattern
Version of Record online: 4 MAY 2012
Copyright © 2012 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 33, Issue 5, pages 1168–1177, April 2013
How to Cite
Choi, K.-S., Kang, S.-D. and Kim, H.-D. (2013), Spatiotemporal variability of April rainfall in Korea by western Pacific teleconnection pattern. Int. J. Climatol., 33: 1168–1177. doi: 10.1002/joc.3502
- Issue online: 9 APR 2013
- Version of Record online: 4 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 APR 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 1 MAR 2012
- Manuscript Received: 8 AUG 2011
- 1987. Classification, seasonality and persistence of low-frequency atmosphere circulation patterns. Monthly Weather Review 115: 1083–1125. , .
- 1996. On the atmospheric circulation caused the drought in Korea. Asia-Pacific Journal of Atmospheric Sciences 32: 455–469 (in Korean with English abstract). .
- 2002. Defining three rainy seasons and hydrological summer monsoon in Korea using available water resources index. Journal of Meteorological Society of Japan 80: 33–44. , .
- 2010. The regime shift in the early 1980s of spring precipitation in Korea. International Journal of Climatology 30: 721–732. , , .
- 2011. Possible linkage between East Asian summer drought and North Pacific Oscillation. Theoretical and Applied Climatology 103: 81–93. , , , , .
- 2003. Arctic oscillation signals in the East Asian summer monsoon. Journal of Geophysical Research 108(D2):4066. DOI: 10.1029/2002JD002193. , .
- 2009. Circulation changes associated with the interdecadal shift of Korean August rainfall around late 1960s. Journal of Geophysical Research 114: D04115, DOI: 10.1029/2008JD011287. , , , .
- 2006. The existence and the climatological characteristics of the spring rainy period in Korea. International Journal of Climatology 26: 637–654. , .
- 2004. Decadal oscillation of spring rain in northern Taiwan. Geophysical Research Letters 31:DOI: 10.1029/2004GL021344. , , .
- 1996. The NCEP/NCAR 40 year reanalysis project. Bulletin of American Meteorological Society 77: 437–471. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1996. Association of interannual variations of temperature and precipitation in Seoul with principal modes of Pacific SST. Asia-Pacific Journal of Atmospheric Society 32: 339–345 (in Korean with English abstract). , .
- 2002. Summer monsoon rainfall patterns over South Korea and associated circulation features. Theoretical and Applied Climatology 72: 65–74. , , , .
- 2005. The regime shift of the northern Hemispheric circulation responsible for the spring drought in Korea. Asia-Pacific Journal of Atmospheric Society 41: 571–585. , , .
- 2001. The NCEP–NCAR 50 year reanalysis: monthly means CD-ROM and documentation. Bulletin of American Meteorological Society 82: 247–267. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Impact of ENSO on the variability of the Asian-Australian monsoons as simulated in GCM experiments. Journal of Climate 13: 4287–4309. , .
- 1997. Springtime weather types over the Northeast Asia and relationship with yellow sand events during 1980–1989. Asia-Pacific Journal of Atmospheric Society 33: 17–40. , .
- 1998. Association between China monsoon rainfall and tropospheric jets. Quarterly Journal of Royal Meteorological Society 124: 2597–2623. , .
- 1987. Convective activities in the tropical western Pacific and their impact on the Northern Hemisphere summer circulation. Journal of Meteorological Society of Japan 65: 373–390. .
- 2002. An improved in situ and satellite SST analysis for climate. Journal of Climate 15: 1609–1625. , , , , .
- 1998. Response of the East Asian summer monsoon to ENSO events. Scientia Atmospherica Sinica 22: 399–407 (in Chinese with English abstract). , .
- 1932. World Weather V. Memoirs of the Royal Meteorological Society 4: 53–84. , .
- 1981. Teleconnections in the geopotential height field during the Northern Hemisphere. Monthly Weather Review 109: 784–812. , .
- 2000. Pacific–East Asian teleconnection: how does ENSO affect East Asian climate? Journal of Climate 13: 1517–1536. , , .
- 1995. Statistical methods in the atmospheric sciences, Academic Press: San Diego, CA, USA, 467. pp. .