Modelling runoff in a Swiss glacierized catchment—Part II: daily discharge and glacier evolution in the Findelen basin in a progressively warmer climate
Version of Record online: 12 JUN 2012
Copyright © 2012 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 33, Issue 5, pages 1301–1307, April 2013
How to Cite
Uhlmann, B., Jordan, F. and Beniston, M. (2013), Modelling runoff in a Swiss glacierized catchment—Part II: daily discharge and glacier evolution in the Findelen basin in a progressively warmer climate. Int. J. Climatol., 33: 1301–1307. doi: 10.1002/joc.3516
- Issue online: 9 APR 2013
- Version of Record online: 12 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 2 APR 2012
- Manuscript Received: 2 DEC 2011
- 2000. Environmental Change in Mountains and Uplands. Arnold/Hodder and Stoughton, Chapman and Hall Publishers, Oxford University Press: London, UK, New York, USA, 192. .
- 2003. Climatic change in mountain regions: a review of possible impacts. Climatic Change 59: 5–31. .
- 2010. Impacts of climatic change on water and associated economic activities in the Swiss Alps. Journal of Hydrology. DOI: 10.1016/j.jhydrol.2010.06.046 (in press). .
- 2007. Future extreme events in European climate; an exploration of regional climate model projections. Climatic Change 81: 71–95. , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Mass balance and equilibrium-line altitudes of glaciers in high-mountain environments. Quaternary International 65–66: 15–29. , .
- 2000. Consequences of climate change for runoff from Alpine regions. Annals of Glaciology 31: 19–25. , , .
- 2005. Prediction of Regional Scenarios and Uncertainties for Defining European Climate Change Risks and Effects (PRUDENCE). Final Report. Jens Hesselbjerg Christensen: Copenhagen, 269. .
- 2002. Impact of a climate change on the Rhone river catchment hydrology. Journal of Geophysical Research 107(D16): 6-1–6-18. , , , .
- 2007. Modelling of hydrological response to climate change in glacierized Central Asian catchments. Journal of Hydrology 332: 40–53. , , , .
- 2007. In Routing System II—Flow Modelling in Hydraulic Systems, Communication 32, Schleiss A (ed). Laboratory of Hydraulic Constructions, EPFL: Lausanne, Switzerland, 70. , , , .
- 2006. Assessment of climate-change impacts on alpine discharge regimes with climate model uncertainty. Hydrological Processes 20: 2091–2109. , , , , .
- 2008. Modelling runoff from highly glacierized alpine drainage basins in a changing climate. Hydrological Processes 22: 3888–3902. , , , .
- IPCC. 2007. Climate Change 2007: the Physical Science Basis. Contribution of Working Group I to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Cambridge University Press: Cambridge, UK, 946.
- 2004. Differential impacts of climate change on the hydrology of two alpine river basins. Climate Research 26: 113–129. , , , .
- 2006. Climate change sensitivity assessment on upper Mississippi River basin streamflows using SWAT. Journal of the American Water Resources Association 42(4): 997–1015. , , , , .
- 2007. Modèle de Prévision et de Gestion des Crues—Optimisation des Opérations des Aménagements Hydroélectriques à Accumulation Pour la Réduction des Débits de Crue, PhD thesis, School of Architecture, Civil and Environmental Engineering—Civil Engineering Section, EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland, 270. .
- 2008. In MINERVE: Modélisation des Intempéries de Nature Extrême du Rhône Valaisan et de Leurs Effets, Communication 38, Schleiss A (ed). Laboratory of Hydraulic Constructions, EPFL: Lausanne, Switzerland, 112. , , , .
- 2011. Climate change effects on snow melt and discharge of a partly glacierized watershed in Central Switzerland (SoilTrec Critical Zone Observatory). Applied Geochemistry 26: 60–62. , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Sensitivity of the snow energy balance to climatic changes: prediction of snowpack in the Pyrenees in the 21st century. Climate Research 36: 203–217. , , , .
- 2001. Impact of climate change on hydrological regimes and water resources management in the Rhine basin. Climatic Change 49: 105–128. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Impacts of a warmer climate on Lake Geneva water temperature profiles. Boreal Environment Research 15: 255–278. , .
- PRUDENCE. 2007. Special Issue dedicated to the EU-FP5 “PRUDENCE” project. Climatic Change 81: 1–322.
- 2005. Quantification of Modelling Uncertainties in Climate Change Impact Studies on Water Resources: Application to a Glacier-fed Hydropower Production System in the Swiss Alps, PhD thesis, Laboratory of Hydrology and Land Improvement, EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland, 219. .
- 2007. Climate change and hydropower production in the Swiss Alps: quantification of potential impacts and related modelling uncertainties. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences 11(3): 1191–1205. , , .
- 2005. A conceptual glacio-hydrological model for high mountainous catchments. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences 9: 95–109. , , , .
- Swiss Federal Office of Energy. 2009. Energy Consumption in Switzerland 2009. Extract from the Swiss Energy Statistics 2009. SFOE: Bern, Switzerland, 72.
- 2009. Sensitivity analysis of snow patterns in Swiss ski resorts to shifts in temperature, precipitation and humidity under condition of climate change. International Journal of Climatology 29: 1048–1055, DOI: 10.1002/joc.1786. , , .
- 2012. Modelling runoff in a Swiss glacierized catchment—Part I: methodology and application in the Findelen basin under a long-lasting stable climate. International Journal of Climatology DOI: 10.1002/joc.3501. , , .
- 2000. Modelling the potential effects of climate change on the Grande Dixence hydro-electricity scheme, Switzerland. Water and Environment Journal 14: 179–185. .