Monitoring and forecasting drought impact on dryland farming areas
Version of Record online: 15 AUG 2012
Copyright © 2012 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 33, Issue 8, pages 2068–2081, 30 June 2013
How to Cite
Arshad, S., Morid, S., Mobasheri, M. R., Alikhani, M. A. and Arshad, S. (2013), Monitoring and forecasting drought impact on dryland farming areas. Int. J. Climatol., 33: 2068–2081. doi: 10.1002/joc.3577
- Issue online: 13 JUN 2013
- Version of Record online: 15 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 4 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Received: 6 DEC 2011
Vol. 33, Issue 12, 2768, Version of Record online: 7 OCT 2013
- 2009. Assessment of areal interpolation methods for spatial of SPI and EDI drought indices. International Journal of Climatology 29: 135–145. , , , .
- 1984. The Palmer Drought Severity Index: limitation and assumptions. Journal of Climate and Applied Meteorology 23: 1100–1109. .
- 2008. Development of Agricultural Drought Risk Assessment Model, using Satellite Data, PhD dissertation, Tarbit Modares University, Iran. .
- 1998. A remote sensing surface energy balance algorithm for land (SEBAL), 1. Formulation. Journal of Hydrology 212–213: 198–212. , , , .
- 2005. Monitoring and Predicting Agricultural Drought. Oxford University Press: New York, 472. , , .
- 1994. Neurofuzzy Adaptive Modeling and Control. Prentice Hall. IFAC workshop on AI in Real-Time Control: Valencia, pp. 213–218. , .
- 1999. Objective quantification of drought severity and duration. Journal of Climate 117(6): 935–943. , .
- 2000. Daily reservoir inflow forecasting using artificial neural networks with stopped training approach. Journal of Hydrology 230: 244–257. , , .
- 2010. Application of global SST and SLP data for drought forecasting on Tehran plain using data mining and ANFIS techniques. Theoretical and Applied Climatology. DOI: 10.1007/s00704-010-0317-4. , , .
- 1967. Rainfall deciles as drought indicators. Bureau of Meteorology bulletin No. 48, Commonwealth of Australia. Melbourne: 29. , .
- 2002. A review of twentieth-century drought indices used in the United States. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 83: 1149–1165. .
- 2002. Overview of the radiometric and biophysical performance of the MODIS vegetation indices. Remote Sensing of Environment 83: 195–213. , , , , , .
- 1995. Droughts of the late 1980s in the United States as derived from NOAA polar-orbiting satellite data. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 76: 655–668. .
- 2002. Frequency analysis of natural vegetation distribution using NDVI/AVHRR data from 1981 to 2000 for North America: correlations with SOI. International Journal of Remote Sensing 23: 3347–3383. , .
- 2010. Analysis of multidimensional aspects of agricultural droughts in Zimbabwe using the Standardized Precipitation Index (SPI). Theoretical and Applied Climatology 102: 287–305. , , , .
- 1993. The relationship of drought frequency and duration to time scales. In Proceedings of the Eighth Conference on applied Climatology. American Meteorological Society: Boston, 179–184. , , .
- 1991. The relationship of climatic indices and variables to corn (maize) yields: a principal components analysis. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 55: 59–84. , , .
- 1993. A crop-specific drought index for corn: I. Model development and validation. Agronomy Journal 86: 388–395. , , .
- 2010. Assessing indicators of agricultural drought impacts on spring wheat yield and quality on the Canadian prairies. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 150: 399–410. , , , , .
- 2007. Uncertainties in the calculation of soil heat flux and sensible heat flux in SEBAL. In Proceedings of the 2nd Göttingen GIS and Remote Sensing, Göttingen, Germany. .
- 2005. Manual of Drought Index Package. The Ministry of Energy: Tehran, Iran. , , , .
- 2006. Comparison of seven meteorological indices for drought monitoring in Iran. International Journal of Climatology 26: 971–985. , , .
- 2007. Drought forecasting using Artificial Neural Networks and time series of drought indices. International Journal of Climatology 27(15): 2103–2111. , , .
- 2004. A neuro-fuzzy computing technique for modeling hydrological time series. Journal of Hydrology 291: 52–66. , , , .
- 2005. A Recent Greening of the Sahel—Trends, Patterns and Potential Causes. Centre for Environmental Studies, Lund University, Department of Physical Geography and Ecosystem Analysis: Sweden, 12. , , .
- 1965. Meteorological drought. Research paper No. 45. US Weather Bureau: Washington DC. .
- 1968. Keeping track of crop moisture conditions, Nationwide: the Crop Moisture Index. Weatherwise 21: 156–161. .
- 2003. An evaluation of agricultural drought indices for the Canadian prairies. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 1: 46–62. , .
- 1973. Monitoring the vernal advancement and retrogradation (green wave effect) of natural vegetation. Progress Report RSC 1978-1, Remote Sensing Center, Texas A&M University, College Station. , , , .
- 2006. Developing on-line near-real time drought monitoring system for southwest Asia. In Agro-meteorological monitoring in Russia and Central Asian Countries, Savin I, Negre T (eds). European Commission, Directorate General Joint Research Center, Institute for the Protection and Security of Citizen (IPSC): Istra, Italy, 104–118. , , .
- 2007. Automated estimation and analyses of drought characteristics from monthly rainfall data. Environmental Modelling & Software. 22(6): 880–890. , .
- 1988. Structure identification of fuzzy model. Fuzzy Sets and Systems 28: 15–33. , .
- 1983. Derivation of fuzzy control rules from human operator's control actions. In Proc. IFAC Symp. Fuzzy Inform, Knowledge Representation and Decision Analysis. 55–60. , .
- 2004. The use of remote sensing data for drought assessment and monitoring in Southwest Asia. IWMI Research Report No.85. CGIAR: Colombo, Sri Lanka. , , .
- 1979. Red and photographic infrared linear combinations for monitoring vegetation. Remote Sensing of Environment 8: 127–150. .
- 2004. An operational agricultural drought risk assessment model for Nebraska, USA. Natural Hazards 33: 1–21. , .
- 2004. Risk assessment of drought disaster in the maize-growing region of Songliao Plain, China. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment 102: 133–153. .