Thermal growing season trends in east China, with emphasis on urbanization effects
Version of Record online: 11 SEP 2012
© 2012 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 33, Issue 10, pages 2402–2412, August 2013
How to Cite
Yang, X., Tian, Z. and Chen, B. (2013), Thermal growing season trends in east China, with emphasis on urbanization effects. Int. J. Climatol., 33: 2402–2412. doi: 10.1002/joc.3590
- Issue online: 25 JUL 2013
- Version of Record online: 11 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 14 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Received: 20 DEC 2011
- 2002. Changes in European spring phenology. International Journal of Climatology 22: 1727–1738. , , , , .
- 2011. The response of first flowering dates to abrupt climate change in Beijing. Advances in Atmospheric Sciences 28: 564–572. , , .
- 2002. Relationships among phenological growing season, time-integrated normalized difference vegetation index and climate forcing in the temperate region of eastern China. International Journal of Climatology 22: 1781–1792. , .
- 2005. Spatial and temporal variation of phenological growing season and climate change impacts in temperate eastern China. Global Change Biology 11: 1118–1130. , , .
- 2001. Response of tree phenology to climate change across Europe. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 108: 101–112. , .
- 2002. Annual and spatial variability of the beginning of growing season in Europe in relation to air temperature changes. Climate Research 19: 257–264. , .
- 2003. Urban-effect correction to improve accuracy of spatially interpolated temperature estimates in Korea. Journal of Applied Meteorology 42: 1711–1719. , , .
- 2009. Long-term temporal changes of plant phenology in the Western Mediterranean. Global Change Biology 15: 1930–1948. , .
- 2008. Impact of urbanization on vegetation phenology in major cities in Yangtze River Delta region. Chinese Journal of Applied Ecology 19: 1803–1809. , , .
- 2006. Restoring urbanization process in China in the 1990s by using non-radiance-calibrated DMSP/OLS nighttime light imagery and statistical data. Chinese Science Bulletin 51: 1614–1620. , , , , , , , .
- 2011. Variations and trends of onset, cessation and length of climatic growing season over Xinjiang, NW China. Theoretical and Applied Climatology 106: 449–458. , , , , .
- 2006. Growing season changes in the last century. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 137: 1–14. .
- 2008. Twentieth-century trends in the thermal growing season in the Greater Baltic Area. Climatic Change 87: 405–419. , , .
- 2010. Spatiotemporal change in China' s climatic growing season: 1955– 2000. Climatic Change 99: 93–118. , , , .
- 2006. Temporal trends and variability of daily maximum and minimum, extreme temperature events, and growing season length over the eastern and central Tibetan Plateau during 1961–2003. Journal of Geophysical Research 111: D19109, DOI: 10.1029/2005jd006915. , , , .
- 2012. Climate-associated changes in spring plant phenology in China. International Journal of Biometeorology 56(2): 269–275. , .
- 2000. Trends in phenological phases in Europe between 1951 and 1996. International Journal of Biometeorology 44: 76–81. .
- 1999. Growing season extended in Europe. Nature 397: 659–659. , .
- 2003. Variations of the climatological growing season (1951–2000) in Germany compared with other countries. International Journal of Climatology 23: 793–812. , , , , .
- 2006. European phenological response to climate change matches the warming pattern. Global Change Biology 12: 1969–1976. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Leaf phenology in 22 North American tree species during the 21st century. Global Change Biology 15: 961–975. , , , , , .
- 2003. A globally coherent fingerprint of climate change impacts across natural systems. Nature 421: 37–42. , .
- 2012. Changing growing season observed in Canada. Climatic Change 112: 339–353. , , , .
- 2008. Urbanization effects on observed surface air temperature trends in North China. Journal of Climate 21: 1333–1348. , , , , , , .
- 2006. Phenology of a northern hardwood forest canopy. Global Change Biology 12: 1174–1188. , , , , .
- 2000. Phenology in central Europe: differences and trends of spring phenophases in urban and rural areas. International journal of biometeorology 44: 60–66. , , , .
- 2003. Fingerprints of global warming on wild animals and plants. Nature 421: 57–60. , , , , , .
- 2002. Examining the onset of spring in China. Climate Research 21: 157–164. , .
- 2000. Changes in North American spring. International Journal of Climatology 20: 929–932. , .
- 2006. Onset of spring starting earlier across the Northern Hemisphere. Global Change Biology 12: 343–351. , , .
- 2010. Trends of the thermal growing season in China, 1951–2007. International Journal of Climatology 30: 33–43. , , , .
- 2001. Higher northern latitude normalized difference vegetation index and growing season trends from 1982 to 1999. International Journal of Biometeorology 45: 184–190. , , , , , .
- 2006. A comparison of growing season indices for the Greater Baltic Area. International Journal of Biometeorology 51: 107–118. , .
- 2002. Ecological responses to recent climate change. Nature 416: 389–395. , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Satellite evidence of phenological differences between urbanized and rural areas of the eastern United States deciduous broadleaf forest. Ecosystems 5: 260–273. , , , .
- 2004. Change in growing season over China: 1961–2000. Journal of Applied Meteorological Science 15: 306–312 (in Chinese). , .
- 2011. Observed surface warming induced by urbanization in east China. Journal of Geophysical Research 116: D14113, DOI: 10.1029/2010jd015452. , , .
- 2004. The footprint of urban climates on vegetation phenology. Geophysical Research Letters 31: L12209, DOI: 10.1029/2004GL020137. , , , , .
- 2006. Global vegetation phenology from moderate resolution imaging spectroradiometer (MODIS): evaluation of global patterns and comparison with in situ measurements. Journal of Geophysical Research 111: G04017, DOI: 10.1029/2006JG000217. , , .
- 2002. Impacts of climate warming on plants phenophases in China for the last 40 years. Chinese Science Bulletin 47: 1826–1831. , , .
- 2006. Spring phenophases in recent decades over eastern China and its possible link to climate changes. Climatic Change 77: 449–462. , , , .
- 2010. A new scheme for climate regionalization in China. Acta Geographica Sinica 65: 3–12 (in Chinese). , , .