Construction of a daily precipitation grid for southeastern South America for the period 1961–2000
Version of Record online: 1 NOV 2012
© 2012 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 33, Issue 11, pages 2508–2519, September 2013
How to Cite
Jones, P. D., Lister, D. H., Harpham, C., Rusticucci, M. and Penalba, O. (2013), Construction of a daily precipitation grid for southeastern South America for the period 1961–2000. Int. J. Climatol., 33: 2508–2519. doi: 10.1002/joc.3605
- Issue online: 28 AUG 2013
- Version of Record online: 1 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 11 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Received: 12 JUL 2012
- European Community's Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2007–2013). Grant Number: 212492
- 1992. A method for delineating and estimating rainfall fields. Water Resources Research 28: 1133–1144. , .
- 2010. A Europe–South America network for climate change assessment and impact studies. Climatic Change 98: 307–329. , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Constructing retrospective gridded daily precipitation and temperature datasets for the conterminous United States. Jouranl of Applied Meteorology and Climatology 47: 475–497. , , , , .
- 2011. Extreme precipitation and temperature over the U.S. Pacific Northwest: a comparison between observations, reanalysis data, and regional models. Journal of Climate 24: 1950–1964. , , .
- 2008. Statistical characteristics of daily precipitation: comparisons of gridded and point datasets. Journal of Applied Meteorology and Climatology 47: 2468–2476. , .
- 1998. A precipitation climatology of the Alps from high-resolution rain-gauge observations. International Journal of Climatology 18: 873–900. , .
- 2008. A European daily high-resolution gridded data set of surface temperature and precipitation for 1950–2006. Journal of Geophysical Research 113: D20119, DOI: 10.1029/2008JD010201. , , , , , .
- 2006. Trends in total and extreme South American rainfall 1960–2000 and links with sea surface temperature. Journal of Climate 19: 1490–1512. et al.
- 2008. Comparison of six methods for the interpolation of daily European climate data. Journal of Geophysical Research 113: D21110, DOI: 10.1029/2008JD010100. , , , , .
- 2009. Testing E-OBS European high-resolution gridded data set of daily precipitation and surface temperature. Journal of Geophysical Research 114: D21101, DOI: 10.1029/2009JD011799. , , , .
- 2005. Daily precipitation grids for South America. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 86: 1567–1570. , .
- 1952. Associated Measurements. Butterworth Scientific Publications: London, 242pp. .
- 2010. Spatial and temporal variability of the frequency of extreme daily rainfall regime in the La Plata Basin during the 20th century. Climatic Change 98: 531–550. , .
- 2006. High resolution daily gridded rainfall data for the Indian region: analysis of break and active monsoons. Current Science 91: 296–306. , , , .
- 2009. Extreme rainfalls in SE South America. Climatic Change 96: 119–136. , .
- 2010. Review of methods for deriving area reduction factors. Journal of Flood Risk Management 3: 232–245. , .
- 2011. A southeastern South American daily gridded data set of observed surface minimum and maximum temperature for 1961–2000. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 92: 1339–1346. , , , .
- 2009. A 44-year daily gridded precipitation dataset for Asia based on a dense network of rain gauges. SOLA 5: 137–140, DOI: 10.2151/sola.2009-035. , , , , , .