Analysis of climate change impacts on the spatial and frequency patterns of drought using a potential drought hazard mapping approach
Article first published online: 26 FEB 2013
© 2013 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 34, Issue 1, pages 61–80, January 2014
How to Cite
Kim, C. J., Park, M. J. and Lee, J. H. (2014), Analysis of climate change impacts on the spatial and frequency patterns of drought using a potential drought hazard mapping approach. Int. J. Climatol., 34: 61–80. doi: 10.1002/joc.3666
- Issue published online: 6 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 26 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 2 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 27 JUL 2012
- Construction Technology Innovation Programme. Grant Number: 09-Tech-Innovation-C01
- 2008. Spatio-temporal pattern of drought in Northeast of Iran. International Conference on Drought management: Scientific and Technological Innovations, Zaragoza, Spain. , ,
- 2011a. Future Korean water resources projection considering uncertainty of GCMs and hydrological models (in Korean). Journal of Korea Water Resources Association 44(5): 389–406. , , , .
- 2011b. Hydrologic uncertainties in climate change from IPCC AR4 GCM simulations of the Chungju basin, Korea. Journal of Hydrology 401(1–2): 90–105. , , .
- 2006. A study of drought spatio-temporal characteristics using SPI-EOF analysis (in Korean). Journal of Korea Water Resources Association 39(8): 671–702. , , .
- 2007. Regional Climate Projections. In Climate Change 2007: The Physical Science Basis. Contribution of Working Group I to the IPCC AR4, Solomon S, Qin D, Manning M, Chen Z, Marquis M, Averyt KB, Tignor M, Miller HL (eds). Cambridge University Press: Cambridge and New York. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Nonparametric methods for modeling GCM and scenario uncertainty in drought assessment. Water Resources Research, 43(W07405). DOI: 10.1029/2006WR005351. and
- 1991. Approaches to the simulation of regional climate change – a review. Reviews of Geophysics 29(2): 191–216. , .
- 1999. Regional drought distribution model. Physics and Chemistry of the Earth, Part B: Hydrology, Oceans and Atmosphere 24(1–2): 19–22. , .
- 2010. Hydroclimatological response to dynamically downscaled climate change simulations for Korean basins. Climatic Change 100(3–4): 485–508. , , , , .
- IPCC. 2007. Summary for policymakers. In Climate Change 2007: The Physical Science Basis. Working Group I Contribution to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Cambridge University Press: Cambridge, UK.
- 2011. Climate change impacts on spatial patterns in drought risk in the Willamette River Basin, Oregon, USA. Theoretical and Applied Climatology 108(3–4): 355–371. , .
- 2011. Possible change in Korean streamflow seasonality based on multi-model climate projections. Hydrological Processes. DOI: 10.1002/hyp.9215. , ,
- 1997. EOFs of harmonizable cyclostationary processes. Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences 54(19): 2416–2427. , .
- 2006. Analysis of spatial distribution of droughts in Korea through drought severity-duration-frequency analysis (in Korean). Journal of Korea Water Resources Association 39(9): 745–754. , .
- 2006. Spatio-temporal characteristics of droughts in Korea: construction of drought severity-area-duration curves (in Korean). Journal of Korean Society Civil Engineering 26(1): 69–78. , , , .
- 2010. Application of SAD curves in assessing climate-change impacts on spatio-temporal characteristics of extreme drought events (in Korean). Journal of Korean Society Civil Engineering 30(6B): 561–569. , , , .
- 2009. Climate information and GCMs seasonal forecasts based short-term forecasts for drought (in Korean). In Proceedings of the Korea Water Resources Association Conference, Gyeongju, Korea, pp. 1186–1190. , , ,
- 2011. Derivation of drought severity-duration-frequency curves using drought frequency analysis (in Korean). Journal of Korea Water Resources Association 44(11): 889–902. , .
- 2006a. Development of drought monitoring system: I. applicability of drought indices for quantitative drought monitoring (in Korean). Journal of Korea Water Resources Association 39(9): 787–800. , , , .
- 2006b. Development of drought monitoring system: II. quantitative drought monitoring and drought outlook methodology (in Korean). Journal of Korea Water Resources Association 39(9): 801–812. , , , .
- 2012. Analysis on trends, periodicities and frequencies of korean drought using drought indices(in Korean). Journal of Korea Water Resources Association 45(1): 75–89. , , .
- 2007. Dynamically and statistically downscaled seasonal simulations of maximum surface air temperature over the southeastern United States. Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmospheres 112(D24). DOI: 10.1029/2007JD008764. , , , , , ,
- 2008. Climate change effects on drought severity. Advances in Geosciences 17: 23–29. , , .
- 2007. Uncertainty in hydrologic impacts of climate change in the Sierra Nevada, California, under two emissions scenarios. Climatic Change 82: 309–325. .
- 1993. The relationship of drought frequency and duration to time scales. In 8th Conference on Applied Climatology, Anaheim, CA, pp. 179–184. , ,
- 1995. Drought monitoring with multiple time scales. In: Preprints. In 9th Conference on Applied Climatology, Dallas, TX, pp. 233–236. , ,
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs (MLTM). 1995. 1995 historical drought event survey report (in Korean).
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs (MLTM). 2002. 2001 historical drought event survey report (in Korean).
- 2010. A review of drought concepts. Journal of Hydrology 391(1–2): 202–216. , .
- 1981. Stochastic simulation of daily precipitation, temperature, and solar-radiation. Water Resources Research 17(1): 182–190. .
- 1990. Erosion/productivity impact calculator: 1. Model documentation. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Washington, DC, Tech. Bul. 1768. ,
- 2007. A multimodel assessment of future climatological droughts in the United Kingdom. International Journal of Climatology 29(14): 2056–2071. , .
- 2004. Hydrologic implications of dynamical and statistical approaches to downscaling climate model outputs. Climatic Change 62(1–3): 189–216. , , , .
- 2006. Evaluation of drought events using the rectangular Poisson process model (in Korean). Journal of Korea Water Resources Association 39(4): 373–382. , .