Diurnal cycle of summer rainfall in Shandong of eastern China
Version of Record online: 9 MAY 2013
© 2013 The Authors. International Journal of Climatology published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd on behalf of the Royal Meteorological Society
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 34, Issue 3, pages 742–750, 15 March 2014
How to Cite
Zhuo, H., Zhao, P. and Zhou, T. (2014), Diurnal cycle of summer rainfall in Shandong of eastern China. Int. J. Climatol., 34: 742–750. doi: 10.1002/joc.3718
- Issue online: 3 MAR 2014
- Version of Record online: 9 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 10 APR 2012
- Manuscript Received: 13 JUN 2011
- National Key Basic Research Project of China. Grant Number: 2009CB421404
- National Natural Science foundation of China. Grant Number: 40921003
- 2002. Study of diurnal cycle of convective precipitation over Amazonia using a single column model. Journal of Geophysical Research 107: 4732. DOI: 10.1029/2002JD002264 , .
- 2005. Annual cycle of Southeast Asia–Maritime Continent rainfall and asymmetric monsoon transition. Journal of Climate 18: 287–301. , , , .
- 2010. Why nocturnal long-duration rainfall presents an eastward delayed diurnal phase along the Yangtze River. Journal of Climate 23: 905–917. , , , , .
- 2001a. Global precipitation and thunderstorm frequencies. Part I: seasonal and interannual variations. Journal of Climate 14(66): 1092–1111. .
- 2001b. Global precipitation and thunderstorm frequencies. Part II: diurnal variations. Journal of Climate 14(66): 1112–1128. .
- 2004. The diurnal cycle and its depiction in the community climate system model. Journal of Climate 17: 930–951. , .
- 1999a. Effects of clouds, soil moisture, precipitation, and water vapor on diurnal temperature range. Journal of Climate 12: 2451–2473. , , .
- 1999b. Observed and model simulated diurnal cycles of precipitation over the contiguous united states. Journal of Geophysical Research 104: 6377–6402. , , .
- 2007. The frequency, intensity, and diurnal cycle of precipitation in surface and satellite observations over low- and mid-latitudes. Climate Dynamics 29: 727–744. , , .
- 2007. Convective precipitation variability as a tool for general circulation model analysis. Journal of Climate 20: 91–112. , , .
- 2010. Diurnal variations of warm-season precipitation over northern China. Monthly Weather Review 138: 1017–1025. , .
- 2008. Seasonal variation of the diurnal cycle of rainfall in the southern contiguous China. Journal of Climate 21: 6036–6043. , , .
- 2004. Regional climate model simulation of summer precipitation diurnal cycle over the United States. Geophysical Research Letters 31: . DOI: 10.1029/2004GL021054. , , , and .
- 2000. Diurnal variability of the hydrologic cycle and radiative fluxes: comparisons between observations and a GCM. Journal of Climate 3(23): 4159–4179. , , .
- 2008. Why precipitation is mostly concentrated over islands in the maritime continent. Journal of Atmospheric Sciences 65: 1248–1441. .
- 2006. Simulation of global land surface conditions from 1948–2004. Part I: Forcing data and evaluation. Journal of Hydrometeorology 7: 953–975. , , , .
- 2010. Interactions among ENSO, the monsoon, and diurnal cycle in rainfall variability over Java, Indonesia. Journal of Atmospheric Sciences 67: 3509–3524. , , .
- 2012. Impacts of mountain–plains solenoid on diurnal variations of rainfalls along the Mei-Yu front over the east China plains. Monthly Weather Review 140: 379–397. , .
- 2006. How often does it rain? Journal of Climate 19: 916–934. , , , .
- 2007. How often will it rain? Journal of Climate 20: 4801–4818. , , , .
- 1987. A review of recent research on the East Asian summer monsoon in China. In Monsoon Meteorology, Monographs on Geology and Geophysics, Vol. 7, Chang CP, Krishnamurti TN (eds). Oxford University Press: Oxford. , .
- 2003. The changing character of precipitation. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society of Japan 84: 1205–1217. , , .
- 2001. The diurnal cycle in the tropics. Monthly Weather Review 129: 784–801. , .
- 2011. Diurnal variations of summer precipitation in the Beijing area and the possible effect of topography and urbanization. Advances in Atmospheric Sciences 28(4): 7–41. , , , , .
- 2007a. Diurnal variations of summer precipitation over contiguous China. Geophysical Research Letters 34: L01704, DOI: 10.1029/2006GL028129. , , , .
- 2007b. Relation between rainfall duration and diurnal variation in the warm season precipitation over central eastern China. Geophysical Research Letters 34: L13703. DOI: 10.1029/2007GL030315. , , , .
- 2010. Subseasonal characteristics of diurnal variation in summer monsoon rainfall over central eastern China. Journal of Climate 23: 6684–6695. , , , , .
- 2007. Onset of southwesterly wind over eastern China and associated atmospheric circulation and rainfall. Climate Dynamics 28: 797–811. , , , , .
- 2005. Atmospheric water vapor transport associated with typical anomalous summer rainfall patterns in China. Journal of Geophysical Research 110: D08104. DOI: 10.1029/2004JD005413. , .
- 2008. Summer precipitation frequency, intensity, and diurnal cycle over China: A comparison of satellite data with raingauge observations. Journal of Climate 21(16): 3997–4010. , , , , .
- 2009. Detecting and understanding the multi-decadal variability of the East Asian Summer Monsoon-Recent progress and state of affairs. Meteorologische Zeitschrift 18(4): 455–467. , , , .