Spatial distribution and its seasonality of satellite-derived vegetation index (NDVI) and climate in Siberia
Article first published online: 21 SEP 2001
Copyright © 2001 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 21, Issue 11, pages 1321–1335, September 2001
How to Cite
Suzuki, R., Nomaki, T. and Yasunari, T. (2001), Spatial distribution and its seasonality of satellite-derived vegetation index (NDVI) and climate in Siberia. Int. J. Climatol., 21: 1321–1335. doi: 10.1002/joc.653
- Issue published online: 21 SEP 2001
- Article first published online: 21 SEP 2001
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 JAN 2001
- Manuscript Revised: 4 JAN 2001
- Manuscript Received: 30 MAY 2000
- 1986. The Evolution of the Biosphere. D. Reidel: Holland. Translated by MI Budyko, SF Lemeshko, VG Yanuta. .
- 1994. NDVI-derived land cover classifications at a global scale. International Journal of Remote Sensing 15: 3567–3586. , .
- 1980. Cluster Analysis (2nd edn). Halsted Press: New York. .
- GAME–International Science Panel. 1998. GEWEX Asian Monsoon Experiment (GAME) Implementation Plan.
- 1993. Objective assessment of the NOAA global vegetation index data product. International Journal of Remote Sensing 14: 3365–3394. , , , .
- 1999. On the use of long-term global data of land reflectance's and vegetation indices derived from the advanced very high resolution radiometer. Journal of Geophysical Research 104: 6241–6255. .
- 1995. The enhanced NOAA global land dataset from the advanced very high resolution radiometer. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 76: 1141–1156. , , , .
- IPCC. 1996. Climate change 1995: the science of climate change. Contribution of working group I to the second assessment report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK.
- 1985. Analysis of the phenology of global vegetation using meteorological satellite data. International Journal of Remote Sensing 6: 1271–1318. , , , .
- 1997. NOAA Global Vegetation Index User's Guide. US Department of Commerce, NOAA, NESDIS, NCDC, http://www2.ncdc.noaa.gov/docs/gving/cover.htm.Accessed 2000. .
- 1993. The annual cycle of snow cover extent over the northern hemisphere as revealed by NOAA/NESDIS satellite data. Geographical Reports of Tokyo Metropolitan University 28: 113–132. , , , .
- 1997. Global-scale assessment of vegetation phenology using NOAA/AVHRR satellite measurements. Journal of Climate 10: 1154–1170. , , , .
- 1997. Increased plant growth in the northern high latitudes from 1981 to 1991. Nature 386: 698–701. , , , , .
- 1998. Interannual variations in satellite-sensed vegetation index data from 1981 to 1991. Journal of Geophysical Research 103: 6145–6160. , , , .
- NOAA National Climate Data Center. 1994. Global Daily Summary (CD-ROM).
- NOAA National Climate Data Center. 1998. Time Series of Global Monthly Vegetation Cover from NOAA/AVHRR: April 1985–December 1997 version 1. Published on CD-ROM by NOAA/NESDIS/NCDC.
- 1983. Vegetation classification based on Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer (AVHRR) satellite imagery. Remote Sensing and Environment 13: 69–87. , .
- 1992. World Ecosystems (WE1.4), Digital Raster Data on a 10-minute Geographic 1080×2160 grid. In Global Ecosystems Database, Version 1.0: Disc A. National Geophysical Data Center (CD-ROM). .
- Principal Administration of Geodesy and Cartography. 1984. Atlas S.S.S.R, Soviet Union. USSR Government.
- 1995. Inter-satellite calibration linkages for the visible and near-infrared channels of the Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer on the NOAA-7, -9, and -11 spacecraft. International Journal of Remote Sensing 16: 1931–1942. , .
- 1996. Post-launch calibration of the visible and near-infrared channels of the Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer on the NOAA-14 spacecraft. International Journal of Remote Sensing 17: 2743–2747. , .
- 1997. Vegetation index and evapotranspiration in Siberia. In Research Report of IHAS (Proceedings of International Workshop on Energy and Water Cycle in GAME-Siberia), FukushimaY, OhataT (eds). Nagoya University 3: 84–93. , , .
- 1998. Satellite-derived vegetation index and evapotranspiration estimated by using assimilated atmospheric data over Asia. Journal of the Meteorological Society of Japan 76: 663–671. , , .
- 2000. Relationships between meridional profiles of satellite-derived vegetation index (NDVI) and climate over Siberia. International Journal of Climatology 20: 955–967. , , .
- 1991. The NOAA global vegetation index product—A review. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology (Global Planetary Change Section) 90: 189–194. .
- 1984. Global vegetation indices from the NOAA-7 meteorological satellite. Journal of Climate and Applied Meteorology 23: 491–494. , , .
- 1973. Vegetation of the Earth—In Relation to Climate and the Eco-physiological Condition. Springer-Verlag: New York. Translated by J Wieser. .
- 1991. Free software helps map and display data. EOS Transactions, American Geophysical Union 72: 441–445, 446. , .
- 1987. Climate & Plant Distribution. Cambridge University Press: Cambridge. .
- 1998. The change in Russian winter snow accumulation during 1936–83 and its spatial patterns. Journal of Climate 11: 856–863. , , .