Trends in New Zealand daily temperature and rainfall extremes
Version of Record online: 31 OCT 2001
Copyright © 2001 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 21, Issue 12, pages 1437–1452, December 2001
How to Cite
Salinger, M.J. and Griffiths, G.M. (2001), Trends in New Zealand daily temperature and rainfall extremes. Int. J. Climatol., 21: 1437–1452. doi: 10.1002/joc.694
- Issue online: 31 OCT 2001
- Version of Record online: 31 OCT 2001
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 MAY 2001
- Manuscript Revised: 23 MAY 2001
- Manuscript Received: 26 JUN 2000
- New Zealand Foundation for Research, Science and Technology. Grant Number: CO1628
- 1986. Creating flood disasters? Water and Soil Miscellaneous Publication No. 77. .
- 1995. Surface temperature trends in New Zealand and the surrounding ocean, 1871–1993. International Journal of Climatology 15: 1195–1218. , .
- 1999. Changes in the probability of extreme precipitation: Important indicators of climate change. Climatic Change 42: 243–283. , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- IPCC. 2001. In Climate Change 2001: The Scientific Basis, HoughtonJT, DingY, GriggsD, NoguetM, van der LindenP, DaiX, MaskellK, JohsonCA (eds). Cambridge University Press: Cambridge.
- 1999. CLIVAR/GCOS/WMO workshop on indices and indicators for climate extremes. Climatic Change 42: 3–7. , , .
- 1992. Extreme events in a changing climate: Variability is more important than averages. Climatic Change 21: 289–302. , .
- 2001. Trends in extreme daily rainfall and temperature in Southeast Asia and the south Pacific: 1961–1998. International Journal of Climatology 21: 269–284. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1996. Observed climate variability and change. In Climate Change 1995: The Science of Climate Change, HoughtonJT, Meira FilhoLG, CallanderBA, HarrisN, KattenbergA, MaskellK (eds). Cambridge University Press: Cambridge; 133–192. , , , , , .
- 1979. A non-parametric approach to the change point problem. Applied Statistics 28: 126–135. .
- 1999. Changes in climate extremes over the Australian region and New Zealand during the twentieth century. Climatic Change 42(1): 183–202. , , , , , , , , .
- 1993. Adjustments of temperature and rainfall records for site changes. International Journal of Climatology 13: 899–913. , .
- 1980a. New Zealand climate: 1. Precipitation patterns. Monthly Weather Review 108: 1892–1904. .
- 1980b. New Zealand climate: 2. Temperature patterns. Monthly Weather Review 108: 1905–1912. .
- 1981. New Zealand climate: The instrumental record. PhD Thesis, Victoria University of Wellington. .
- 1994. Climate variability, agriculture and forestry. World Meteorological Organisation Technical Note No. 196, Geneva, Switzerland. .
- 1996. Observed variability and change in climate and sea level in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific. In Greenhouse: Coping with Climate Change, BoumaWJ, PearmanGI, ManningM (eds). CSIRO Publishing: Melbourne; 100–126. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1992a. Temperature trends in New Zealand and outlying islands. New Zealand Meteorological Service, June. , , , , .
- 1992b. Rainfall trends in New Zealand and outlying islands. New Zealand Meteorological Service, June. , , , , .
- 1990. New Zealand climate extremes: Scenarios for 2050 AD. Report for the New Zealand Ministry for the Environment, May. , , , , , , .
- 1999. New Zealand climate: Temperature and precipitation variations and their links with atmospheric circulation 1930–1994. International Journal of Climatology 19: 1049–1071. , .
- 1998. Changes in rainfall characteristics in northern Nigeria. International Journal of Climatology 18: 1261–1271. , .
- 1976. Fluctuations and trends in indices of the southern hemisphere circulation. Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society 102: 639–653. .