Relationship between snow cover variability and Arctic oscillation index on a hierarchy of time scales
Article first published online: 28 JAN 2003
Copyright © 2003 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 23, Issue 2, pages 131–142, February 2003
How to Cite
Bamzai, A. S. (2003), Relationship between snow cover variability and Arctic oscillation index on a hierarchy of time scales. Int. J. Climatol., 23: 131–142. doi: 10.1002/joc.854
- Issue published online: 28 JAN 2003
- Article first published online: 28 JAN 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 JUL 2002
- Manuscript Revised: 4 JUL 2002
- Manuscript Received: 21 JAN 2002
- 1999. AO–snow relationships on interannual and decadal timescales, Abstract of Talk at AGU Fall Meeting. Supplement to Eos Transactions 80(46): F240. .
- 1999. Relationship between Eurasian snow cover, snow depth and the Indian summer monsoon: an observational study. Journal of Climate 12: 3117–3132. , .
- 2001. Changes in the onset of spring in the western United States. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 82: 399–415. , , , , .
- 1999. Atmospheric controls on Eurasian snow extent. International Journal of Climatology 19: 27–40. , , .
- 1999. Eurasian snow cover variability and Northern Hemisphere climate predictability. Geophysical Research Letters 25: 1297–2000. , .
- 2001. The role of Siberian High in Northern Hemisphere climate variability. Geophysical Research Letters 28: 299–302. , , .
- 2002. A dynamical framework to understand and predict the major Northern Hemisphere mode. Geophysical Research Letters 29: 1029. , , .
- 1994. Changes of snow cover, temperature and radiative heat balance over the Northern Hemisphere. Journal of Climate 7: 1633–1656. , , , .
- HoughtonJT, DingY, GriggsDJ, NoguerM, van der LindenPJ, DaiX, MaskellK, JohnsonCA (eds). 2001. Climate Change, 2001: The Scientific Basis. Contribution of Working Group I to the third Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Cambridge University Press: Cambridge and New York.
- 2000. Observed albedo decrease related to the spring snow retreat. Geophysical Research Letters 27: 1299–1302. , .
- 1993. The association between extremes in North-American snow cover extent and the United-States temperatures. Journal of Climate 6: 1345–1355. , .
- 2001. Spatial and temporal variability of the phenological seasons in Germany from 1951 to 1996. Global Change Biology 7: 657–666. , , .
- 1997. Increased plant growth in the northern high latitudes from 1981 to 1991. Nature 386: 698–702. , , , , .
- 1985. Some empirical evidence for the influence of snow cover on temperature and precipitation. Monthly Weather Review 113: 1542–1553. .
- 2000. Seasonal variability of Northern Hemisphere snow extent using visible satellite data. Professional Geographer 51: 307–314. , .
- 1993. Northern hemispheric snow cover: an update. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 74: 1689–1696. , , .
- 2000. Changes in North American spring. International Journal of Climatology 20: 929–932. , .
- 1998. The Arctic oscillation signature in wintertime geopotential height and temperature fields. Geophysical Research Letters 25: 1297–1300. , .
- 2001. Regional climate impacts of the Northern Hemisphere annular mode. Science 293: 85–95. , .
- 2000. Annular modes in the extratropical circulation. Part II: trends. Journal of Climate 13: 1018–1036. , , .
- 1985. Influences of snow cover and soil moisture on monthly air-temperature. Monthly Weather Review 113: 756–768. , , .