Microclimate of a desert playa: evaluation of annual radiation, energy, and water budgets components
Version of Record online: 19 FEB 2003
Copyright © 2003 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 23, Issue 3, pages 333–345, 15 March 2003
How to Cite
Malek, E. (2003), Microclimate of a desert playa: evaluation of annual radiation, energy, and water budgets components. Int. J. Climatol., 23: 333–345. doi: 10.1002/joc.873
- Issue online: 19 FEB 2003
- Version of Record online: 19 FEB 2003
- Manuscript Revised: 24 OCT 2002
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 OCT 2002
- Manuscript Received: 6 MAR 2002
- National Science Foundation. Grant Number: 96–4347
- Utah State University. Grant Number: 2–11153
- 1926. The ratio of heat losses by conduction and by evaporation from any water surface. Physical Review 27: 779–787. .
- 1989. Dynamics of evaporite distribution in soils on a fan–playa transect in the Carrizo Plain, California. American Journal of Soil Science Society 53: 898–903. , , .
- 1994. Hand Book of Chemistry and Physics. CRC Press. .
- 1993. Rapid changes of the surface soil heat flux and its effects on the estimation of evapotranspiration. Journal of Hydrology 142: 99–120. .
- 1994. Calibration of the Penman wind function using the Bowen ratio–energy balance method. Journal of Hydrology 163: 289–298. .
- 1997. Evaluation of effective atmospheric emissivity and parameterization of cloud at local scale. Atmospheric Research 45: 41–54. .
- 1993. Comparison of the Bowen ratio–energy balance and the water balance methods for the measurement of evapotranspiration. Journal of Hydrology 146: 209–220. , .
- 1990. Evapotranspiration from the margin and moist playa of a closed desert valley. Journal of Hydrology 120: 15–34. , , .
- 1997. Annual mesoscale study of water balance in a Great Basin heterogeneous desert valley. Journal of Hydrology 191: 223–244. , , .
- 1999. Dew contribution to the annual water balance in semi-arid desert valleys. Journal of Arid Environments 42: 71–80. , , .
- 2002. Evaluation of annual radiation and windiness over a playa: possibility of harvesting the solar and wind energies. Journal of Arid Environments 52: 555–564. , , , .
- 1987. Playa-lake basins on the southern High Plains of Texas and New Mexico: hydrologic, geomorphologic and geologic evidence for their development. Geological Society of America Bulletin 99: 215–230. , .
- 1998. Nutrient in playa wetland receiving wastewater. Journal of Environmental Quality 27: 67–74. , , .
- 1997. Field study of spatial variability in unsaturated flow beneath and adjacent to playas. Water Resources Research 33: 2239–2252. , .
- 1997. Estimation of groundwater evaporation and salt flux from Owens Lake, California, USA. Journal of Hydrology 200: 110–135. , , , , , , , .