Relationships between rainfall and West African wave disturbances in station observations
Article first published online: 29 JAN 2003
Copyright © 2003 Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 23, Issue 3, pages 305–313, 15 March 2003
How to Cite
Taleb, E. H. and Druyan, L. M. (2003), Relationships between rainfall and West African wave disturbances in station observations. Int. J. Climatol., 23: 305–313. doi: 10.1002/joc.883
- Issue published online: 18 FEB 2003
- Article first published online: 29 JAN 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 NOV 2002
- Manuscript Revised: 18 NOV 2002
- Manuscript Received: 12 JUN 2002
- National Science Foundation. Grant Number: ATM 00-89563
- 1972. The origin and structure of easterly waves in the lower troposphere of North Africa. Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences 29: 77–90. .
- CLIVAR. 1999. Climate Research for Africa. WCRP Report #16/1999. ICPO Southampton, UK.
- 1999. Easterly wave regimes and associated convection over West Africa and tropical Atlantic: results from the NCEP/NCAR and ECMWF reanalyses. Climate Dynamics 15: 795–822. , , , , .
- 1996. African wave disturbances and precipitation at Niamey during July–August 1987 and 1988. Climate Research 7: 71–83. , , .
- 1992. Wavelets transform and their applications to turbulence. Annals of Fluid Mechanics 24: 395–457. .
- 1980. Properties of African squall lines inferred from time-lapse satellite imagery. Monthly Weather Review 108: 153–168. .
- 1991. West Africa. In Teleconnections: Linkages Between ENSO, Worldwide Climate Anomalies, and Societal Impacts, GlantzMH, KatzRW, NichollsN (eds). Cambridge University Press: 121–189. , .
- 1992. The strong association between western Sahelian monsoon rainfall and intense Atlantic hurricanes. Journal of Climate 5: 435–453. , .
- 1977. The relationship of satellite convective activity to easterly waves over West Africa and the adjacent ocean during Phase III of GATE. Monthly Weather Review 105: 413–420. , .
- 1977. The structure and properties of African wave disturbances as observed during Phase III of GATE. Monthly Weather Review 105: 317–333. , , .
- 1998. A practical guide to wavelet analysis. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 79: 61–78. , .
- 1998. Rainfall and 6–9 day wave-like disturbances in West Africa during summer 1989. Meteorology and Atmospheric Physics 66: 229–234. , , , .