Correlation between the knee adduction torque and medial contact force for a variety of gait patterns
Version of Record online: 7 MAR 2007
Copyright © 2007 Orthopaedic Research Society
Journal of Orthopaedic Research
Volume 25, Issue 6, pages 789–797, June 2007
How to Cite
Zhao, D., Banks, S. A., Mitchell, K. H., D'Lima, D. D., Colwell, C. W. and Fregly, B. J. (2007), Correlation between the knee adduction torque and medial contact force for a variety of gait patterns. J. Orthop. Res., 25: 789–797. doi: 10.1002/jor.20379
- Issue online: 30 APR 2007
- Version of Record online: 7 MAR 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 DEC 2006
- Manuscript Received: 5 MAY 2006
- 31985. A relationship between gait and clinical changes following high tibial osteotomy. J Bone Joint Surg 67A: 1188–1194., , .
- 92002. The knee adduction moment during gait in subjects with knee osteoarthritis is more closely correlated with static alignment than radiographic disease severity, toe out angle and pain. J Orthop Res 20: 101–107., , , et al.
- 111990. The influence of walking mechanics and time on the results of proximal tibial osteotomy. J Bone Joint Surg 72A: 905–909., , , et al.
- 161985. Dynamics: Theory and Applications. New York: McGraw-Hill., .
- 231985. Contact Mechanics. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press..
- 241993. Compressive characterization of ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene with applications to contact stress analysis of total knee replacements. Master of Science Thesis. Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario..
- 262004. The relationship between contact pressure, insert thickness, and mild wear in total knee replacements. Comput Model Eng Sci 6: 145–152., , , et al.
- 281997. A predictive model of outcome in high tibial osteotomy. In: Proceedings of the 43rd Annual Meeting of the Orthopaedic Research Society, San Francisco, CA. Paper No. 718., , , et al.
- 322005. Hip abductor strength may be critical for successful gait compensation in patients with medial compartment knee OA. In Proceedings of the 20th Congress of the International Society of Biomechanics, August 2005, Cleveland., OH., , .
- 34The influence of foot progression angle on the knee adduction moment during walking and stair climbing in pain free individuals with knee osteoarthritis. Gait & Posture (in press)., , .
- 35Design of patient-specific gait modifications for knee osteoarthritis rehabilitation. IEEE Trans Biomed Eng (in press)., , , et al.
- 362006. A direct test of the relationship between medial compartment load and the knee adduction moment using an instrumented knee. The 52nd Annual Meeting of the Orthopaedic Research Society, Chicago, IL. Paper No. 608., , , et al.
- 392006. Evaluation of a patient-specific cost function to predict the influence of foot path on the knee adduction torque during gait. In Proceedings of the 7th International Symposium on Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering, 2006 March 22-25, Juan-les-Pins, France., , , et al.