“Re-use of this article is permitted in accordance with the Terms and Conditions set out at http://wileyonlinelibrary.com/onlineopen#OnlineOpen_Terms”.
Glacially derived material in an Inner Mongolian desert lake during Marine Isotope Stage 2†
Version of Record online: 7 AUG 2012
Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Journal of Quaternary Science
Volume 27, Issue 7, pages 725–733, October 2012
How to Cite
Selvaraj, K., Chen, C.-T. A., Babu, C. P., Lou, J.-Y., Liu, C.-L. and Hsu, K. J. (2012), Glacially derived material in an Inner Mongolian desert lake during Marine Isotope Stage 2. J. Quaternary Sci., 27: 725–733. doi: 10.1002/jqs.2559
- Issue online: 8 OCT 2012
- Version of Record online: 7 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Received: 29 APR 2012
- Unknown funding agency
- 1997. Millennial-scale climatic oscillations during the last interglaciation in central China. Geology 25: 603–606. , ,
- 2000. Asynchronous Holocene optimum of the East Asian monsoon. Quaternary Science Reviews 19: 743–762. , , , et al.
- 2000. Hydrological impact of Heinrich events in northeast Atlantic. Science 289: 1321–1323. , , , et al.
- 1996. Climatic and hydrologic oscillations in the Owens Lake Basin and adjacent Sierra Nevada, California. Science 274: 746–749. , , , et al.
- 1993. Correlations between climate records from North Atlantic sediments and Greenland ice. Nature 365: 143–147. , , , et al.
- 1997. A pervasive millennial-scale cycle in North Atlantic Holocene and glacial climates. Science 278: 1257–1266. , , , et al.
- 1997. High-resolution multi-proxy climate records from Chinese loess: evidence for rapid climatic changes over the last 75 kyr. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 130: 323–335. , , , et al.
- 2008. Preliminary research on Megalake Jilantai-Hetao in the arid areas of China during the Late Quaternary. Chinese Science Bulletin 53: 1725–1739. , , , et al.
- 2008. CalPalonline 1.5, available from http://www.calpal.online.de. , , ,
- 1999. Interhemispheric linkage of paleoclimate during the last glaciation. Geografiska Annaler Series 81A: 105–153. , , , et al.
- 2007. Vegetation variations and associated environmental changes during marine isotope stage 3 in the western part of the Chinese Loess Plateau. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 246: 278–291. , , , et al.
- 1995. Asynchronous maximum advances of mountain and continental glaciers. Reviews of Geophysics 33: 311–364. , ,
- 1993. Patterns of ice-rafted detritus in the glacial North Atlantic (40–55°N). Paleoceanography 8: 175–192. , , , et al.
- 2008. Effect of indigenous bacteria on geochemical behavior of arsenic in aquifer sediments from the Hetao Basin, Inner Mongolia: Evidence from sediment incubations. Applied Geochemistry 23: 3267–3277. , , , et al.
- 1988. Origin and consequences of cyclic ice rafting in the northeast Atlantic Ocean during the past 130,000 years. Quaternary Research 29: 143–152. ,
- 1997. Surface textural analysis of quartz sand grains from ODP Site 918 off the southeast coast of Greenland suggests glaciation of southern Greenland at 11 Ma. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 135: 109–121. , ,
- 1979. Quartz-grain surface features of Mesozoic–Cenozoic sands from the Labrador and western Greenland continental margins. Journal of Sedimentary Petrology 49: 599–610. ,
- 2005. Patterns of deglacial warming in the Pacific Ocean: a review with emphasis on the time interval of Heinrich event 1. Quaternary Science Reviews 24: 1063–1081. , ,
- 2002. Fast late Pleistocene slip rate on the Leng Long Ling segment of the Haiyuan fault, Qinghai, China. Journal of Geophysical Research 107: 2276–2291. , , , et al.
- 2008. Reduced early Holocene moisture availability in the Bayan Har Mountains, northeastern Tibetan Plateau, inferred from a multi-proxy lake record. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 267: 59–76. , , , et al.
- 2001. Environmental processes of the ice age: land, oceans, glaciers (EPILOG). Quaternary Science Reviews 20: 627–657. , , ,
- 2001. Atmospheric CO2 concentrations over the last glacial termination. Science 297: 112–114. , , , et al.
- 1974. Processes of formation and environmental occurrence of microfeatures on detrital quartz grains. American Journal of Science 274: 449–464. , ,
- 2002. Timing of multiple glaciations during the Late Quaternary in the Hunza Valley, Karakoram Mountains, Northern Pakistan: defined by cosmogenic radionuclide dating of moraines. Geological Society of America Bulletin 114: 593–604. , , , et al.
- 2003. Timing of Late Quaternary glaciation along the southwestern slopes of the Qilian Shan, Tibet. Boreas 32: 281–291. , , , et al.
- 2009. Topographic and lithologic control on catchment-wide denudation rates derived from cosmogenic 10Be in two mountain ranges at the margin of NE Tibet. Geomorphology 117: 130–142. , , , et al.
- 2011. Catchment-wide denudation rates at the margin of NE Tibet from in situ-produced cosmogenic 10Be. Terra Nova 23: 42–48. , , , et al.
- 1995. Correlation between climate events in the North Atlantic and China during the last glaciation. Nature 375: 305–308. , ,
- 2004. Record of late Pleistocene glaciation and deglaciation in the southern Cascade Range. I. Petrological evidence from lacustrine sediment in Upper Klamath Lake, southern Oregon. Journal of Paleolimnology 31: 217–233. , , , et al.
- 1977. Late Quaternary deposition of ice-rafted sand in the sub-polar North Atlantic (lat. 40° to 60°). Geological Society of America Bulletin 88: 1813–1821. ,
- 2007. Ice core evidence for a very tight link between North Atlantic and east Asian glacial climate. Geophysical Research Letters 34, L03706. DOI: 10.1029/2006GL027876 , , , et al.
- 2006. Near-synchronous interhemispheric termination of the Last Glacial Maximum in mid-latitudes. Science 312: 1510–1513. , , , et al.
- 2006. Moderate chemical weathering of subtropical Taiwan: Constraints from solid-phase geochemistry of sediments and sedimentary rocks. Journal of Geology 114: 101–116. , ,
- 1992. Glaciers and glacial geomorphology in China. Zeitschrift fuer Supplement Band 86: 51–63. ,
- 2002. Characteristics of late Quaternary monsoonal glaciation on the Tibetan Plateau and in East Asia. Quaternary International 97-98: 79–91. ,
- 1998. INTCAL 98 Radiocarbon age calibration, 24,000-0 cal B. P. Radiocarbon 40: 1041–1083. , , , et al.
- 2011. Changes in Wuliangsuhai Lake in past 150 years based on 3S technology. In International Conference on Remote Sensing, Environment and Transportation Engineering: IEEE Conference Publications, 24–26, June 2011, Nanjing, China: 2993–2997, DOI: 10.1109/RSETE.2011.5964944. , , ,
- 2008. Evidence for glaciation in the Northern Hemisphere back to 44 Ma from ice-rafted debris in the Greenland Sea. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 265: 112–122. , , , et al.
- 2004. Thermal-contraction-crack networks as evidence for Late-Pleistocene permafrost in Inner Mongolia, China. Permafrost and Periglacial Processes 15: 21–29. , , , et al.
- 2001. A high-resolution absolute-dated late Pleistocene monsoon record from Hulu Cave, China. Science 294: 2345–2348. , , , et al.
- 2004. Timing, duration and transitions of the last interglacial Asian monsoon. Science 304: 575–578. , , , et al.
- 2002. Arsenic pollution in groundwater from Hetao area, China. Environmental Geology 41: 638–643. , , ,
- 2004. Heavy-metal pollution and arseniasis in Hetao region, China. Ambio 33: 138–140. ,