Late Neanderthal occupation in North-West Europe: rediscovery, investigation and dating of a last glacial sediment sequence at the site of La Cotte de Saint Brelade, Jersey
Version of Record online: 16 OCT 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Journal of Quaternary Science published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd on behalf of Quaternary Research Association
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License, which permits use and distribution in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited, the use is non-commercial and no modifications or adaptations are made.
Journal of Quaternary Science
Volume 28, Issue 7, pages 647–652, October 2013
How to Cite
BATES, M., POPE, M., SHAW, A., SCOTT, B. and SCHWENNINGER, J.-L. (2013), Late Neanderthal occupation in North-West Europe: rediscovery, investigation and dating of a last glacial sediment sequence at the site of La Cotte de Saint Brelade, Jersey. J. Quaternary Sci., 28: 647–652. doi: 10.1002/jqs.2669
- Issue online: 16 OCT 2013
- Version of Record online: 16 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 23 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Received: 2 JUN 2013
- Natural Environment Research Council
- 1998. Dose-rate conversion factors: new data. Ancient TL 16: 37–50. ,
- 1985. Thermoluminescence Dating. Academic Press.
- 2001. Equivalent dose estimation using a single aliquot of polymineral fine grains. Radiation Measurements 33: 73–94. , , , et al.
- 1997. Luminescence techniques: instrumentation and methods. Radiation Measurements 27: 749–768.
- 2000. Advances in luminescence instrument systems. Radiation Measurements 32: 523–528. , , , et al.
- 2002. Enhancements in luminescence measurement techniques. Radiation Protection Dosimetry 101: 119–124. , , , et al.
- 1950–1958. La Cotte De St. Brelade Excavation Diary. Unpublished Manuscript.
- 1960. La Cotte de St. Brelade, Jersey, British Channel Islands. Excavations of a Pre-Mousterian Horizon 1950–1958. Société Jersiaise; St. Helier.
- 1986. Interpreting the La Cotte sequence. In La Cotte de St. Brelade 1961–1978. Excavations by C.B.M. McBurney, Callow P, Cornford JM (eds). Geo Books: Norwich; pp. 73–82.
- 1986. La Cotte de St. Brelade 1961–1978. Excavations by C.B.M. McBurney. Geo Books: Norwich. ,
- 1911. A description of teeth of Palaeolithic man from Jersey. Journal of Anatomy and Physiology 46: 12–27. ,
- 1971. The Cambridge excavations at La Cotte de St. Brelade, Jersey. A preliminary report. Proceedings of the Prehistoric Society 37: 167–207. ,
- 2000. Luminescence dating of quartz using an improved single-aliquot regenerative-dose protocol. Radiation Measurements 32: 57–73. ,
- 1910. Report of the exploration of the Palaeolithic cave-dwelling known as La Cotte, St. Brelade, Jersey. Man 10: 185–188. ,
- 1912. Report of the resumed exploration of ‘La Cotte’ St. Brelade. Man 12: 158–162. ,
- 1994. Cosmic ray contributions to dose rates for luminescence and ESR dating: large depths and long-term time variations. Radiation Measurements 23: 497–500. ,
- 2007. Dose rates and radioisotope concentrations in the concrete calibration blocks at Oxford. Ancient TL 25: 5–8. ,
- 1986. Hominid specimens from La Cotte de St. Brelade. In La Cotte de St. Brelade 1961–1978. Excavations by C.B.M. McBurney, Callow P, Cornford JM (eds). Geo Books: Norwich; 155–158. ,
- 2002. Sea-level and deep water temperature changes derived from benthic foraminifera isotopic records. Quaternary Science Reviews 21: 295–305. , , , et al.
- 2006. A review of quartz optically stimulated luminescence characteristics and their relevance in single-aliquot regeneration dating protocols. Radiation Measurements 41: 369–391. ,
- 1971. Thermoluminescent dating using fine grains from pottery. Archaeometry 13: 29–50.