Is 4-nitrobenzenethiol converted to p,p′-dimercaptoazobenzene or 4-aminothiophenol by surface photochemistry reaction?
Article first published online: 11 MAY 2011
Copyright © 2011 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Journal of Raman Spectroscopy
Volume 42, Issue 6, pages 1205–1206, June 2011
How to Cite
Dong, B., Fang, Y., Xia, L., Xu, H. and Sun, M. (2011), Is 4-nitrobenzenethiol converted to p,p′-dimercaptoazobenzene or 4-aminothiophenol by surface photochemistry reaction?. J. Raman Spectrosc., 42: 1205–1206. doi: 10.1002/jrs.2937
- Issue published online: 17 JUN 2011
- Article first published online: 11 MAY 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 FEB 2011
- Manuscript Received: 25 NOV 2010
- National Nature Science foundation of China. Grant Numbers: 10874234, 90923003, 10804015, 20703064
- National Basic Research Program of China. Grant Number: 2009 CB930701
- surface photochemistry reaction
For the first time, the experimental and theoretical evidence for the conversion of 4-nitrobenzenethiol (4-NBT) to p,p′-dimercaptoazobenzene (DMAB) in Ag and Cu sols by surface photochemistry reaction is obtained with surface-enhanced Raman scattering (SERS) spectroscopy. The SERS spectrum of 4-NBT in Cu sol is identical to that of DMAB produced from 4-aminothiophenol in Ag sol as reported in recent literature, thereby providing direct spectral evidence. Copyright © 2011 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.