Triple-resonant two-phonon Raman scattering in graphene
Article first published online: 30 JUN 2011
Copyright © 2011 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Journal of Raman Spectroscopy
Volume 43, Issue 1, pages 1–5, January 2012
How to Cite
Kupčić, I. (2012), Triple-resonant two-phonon Raman scattering in graphene. J. Raman Spectrosc., 43: 1–5. doi: 10.1002/jrs.3003
- Issue published online: 27 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 30 JUN 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 APR 2011
- Manuscript Received: 13 DEC 2010
- second-order Raman scattering in graphene;
- optical conductivity of graphene
The triple-resonant (TR) second-order Raman scattering mechanism in graphene is re-examined. It is shown that the magnitude of the TR contribution to the photon-G′ mode coupling function in graphene is one order of magnitude larger than the widely accepted two-resonant coupling. Enhancement of the order of 100 in the Raman intensity, with respect to the usual double-resonant model, is found for the G′ band in graphene, and is expected in the related sp2-based carbon materials, as well. Copyright © 2011 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.