This article is part of the special issue of the Journal of Raman Spectroscopy entitled “European Conference on Nonlinear Optical Spectroscopy (ECONOS 2013)” edited by Julian Moger and Peter Radi.
Non-collinear optical parametric amplifier for time-resolved broadband picosecond CARS†
Article first published online: 12 FEB 2014
Copyright © 2014 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Journal of Raman Spectroscopy
Special Issue: European Conference on Nonlinear Optical Spectroscopy (ECONOS 2013)
Volume 45, Issue 7, pages 507–514, July 2014
How to Cite
Vereshchagin, A. K., Vereshchagin, K. A., Morozov, V. B. and Tunkin, V. G. (2014), Non-collinear optical parametric amplifier for time-resolved broadband picosecond CARS. J. Raman Spectrosc., 45: 507–514. doi: 10.1002/jrs.4450
- Issue published online: 7 JUL 2014
- Article first published online: 12 FEB 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 JAN 2014
- Manuscript Revised: 30 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Received: 1 SEP 2013
- Russian Foundation for Basic Research. Grant Number: 13-02-01126
- M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University Program of Development
- broadband picosecond CARS;
- time-resolved measurements;
- non-collinear parametric amplification
We demonstrate generation of broadband high-intensity picosecond pulses using a non-collinear optical parametric amplifier, seeded with a broadband cavity-less dye laser and pumped using the second harmonic of a picosecond Nd:YAG laser. With appropriate choice of the pump-seed non-collinearity angle, we observed energy conversion from the pump to the signal wave of around 15%, with the bandwidth of the amplified radiation around 445 cm−1 (20.7 nm) centered around 680 nm. An energy of 1.2 mJ per pulse of duration around 26 ps has been achieved. A light source with such parameters could be suitable for use in time-resolved broadband picosecond Coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering. Copyright © 2014 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.