The effect direction plot: visual display of non-standardised effects across multiple outcome domains
Version of Record online: 12 OCT 2012
Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Research Synthesis Methods
Special Issue: Inclusion of Non-Randomized Studies in Systematic Reviews
Volume 4, Issue 1, pages 95–101, March 2013
How to Cite
Thomson, H. J. and Thomas, S. (2013), The effect direction plot: visual display of non-standardised effects across multiple outcome domains. Res. Synth. Method, 4: 95–101. doi: 10.1002/jrsm.1060
- Issue online: 22 MAR 2013
- Version of Record online: 12 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 25 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Received: 25 JAN 2012
- 2011. Using logic models to capture complexity in systematic reviews. Res Synth Meth 2: 33-42. , , , , , , , .
- 1984. Florence nightingale. Sci Am 250: 128-37. .
- 2008. Issues raised in systematic reviews of complex multisectoral and community based interventions. J Public Health 30: 213-215. , , .
- 2004. for Systematic Reviews of Health Promotion and Public Health Interventions Taskforce The challenges of systematically reviewing public health interventions. J Public Health, 26: 303-307. , , .
- 2007. Worked examples of alternative methods for the synthesis of qualitative and quantitative research in systematic reviews. BMC Med Res Methodol 7: 4. , , , , .
- 2008. The harvest plot: a method for synthesising evidence about the differential effects of interventions. BMC Med Res Methodol 8: 8. , , , , , , .
- 2006. Guidance on the conduct of narrative synthesis in systematic reviews: A product of the ESRC methods programme (version i) (available from n.Simpson@lancaster.Ac.Uk). , , , , , , , , .
- 1993. A History of Public Health, The Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore. .
- 2009. Can we systematically review studies that evaluate complex interventions? PLoS Med, 6: e1000086. , , , , , , , .
- 2010. Housing improvements for health and associated socio-economic outcomes. The Cochrane Library (http://onlinelibrary.Wiley.Com/doi/10.1002/14651858.Cd008657/pdf) (protocol). , , , .
- 2011 (submitted). Housing improvements for health and associated socio-economic outcomes (review). Cochrane Database Syst Rev. , , , .
- 1983. The Visual Display of Quantitative Information, Connecticut, Graphics Press, Cheshire. .
- 2009. Determinants of early weaning and use of unmodified cow's milk in infants: a systematic review. J Am Diet Assoc 109: 2017-2028. , , , , .