Robust variance estimation with dependent effect sizes: practical considerations including a software tutorial in Stata and spss
Article first published online: 14 AUG 2013
Copyright © 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Research Synthesis Methods
Volume 5, Issue 1, pages 13–30, March 2014
How to Cite
Tanner-Smith, E. E. and Tipton, E. (2014), Robust variance estimation with dependent effect sizes: practical considerations including a software tutorial in Stata and spss. Res. Synth. Method, 5: 13–30. doi: 10.1002/jrsm.1091
- Issue published online: 11 MAR 2014
- Article first published online: 14 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 1 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Received: 17 DEC 2012
- 2012. Mindfulness based stress reduction (MBSR) for improving health, quality of life, and social functioning in results. Campbell Systematic Reviews 3. , , , , .
- 2009. Stochastically dependent effect sizes: random-effects models, in H Cooper LV Hedges JC Valentine (eds.), The handbook of research synthesis and meta-analysis (2nd ed.), pp. 357–376, Russell Sage Foundation, New York. , .
- 2010. Robust variance estimation in meta-regression with dependent effect size estimates. Research Synthesis Methods 1: 39–65. , , .
- 1967. ‘The behavior of maximum likelihood estimates under non-standard conditions’, Proceedings of the 5th Berkeley Symposium on Mathematical Statistics and Probability 1, 221-223, University of California Press, Berkeley, CA. .
- 2011. Multivariate meta-analysis: potential and promise. Stat Med 30: 2481–2498. , , .
- 2011. Fixed effects and variance components estimation in three-level meta-analysis. Research Synthesis Methods 2: 61–76. .
- 1986. Longitudinal data analysis using generalized linear models. Biometrika 73: 13–22. , .
- 2013. Assessing the influence of moderators in meta-analysis with dependent effect sizes: A Monte Carlo simulation’, Unpublished Manuscript. University of Murcia, Spain. , , , , . c.
- 2010. Weighting by inverse variance or by sample size in random-effects meta-analysis. Educational and Psychological Measurement 70: 56–73. , .
- 2012. A practical introduction to multivariate meta-analysis. Statistical Methods in Medical Research 22: 133–158. , .
- 2002, Hierarchical linear models: Applications and data analysis methods, (2nd ed.), Sage Publications, London. , .
- 2009. Multivariate meta-analysis: the effect of ignoring within-study correlation. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series A 27: 670–686. .
- 2008. An alternative model for bivariate random-effects meta-analysis when the within-study correlations are unknown. Biostatistics 9: 172–186. , , .
- 2012. Social goals and youth aggression: meta-analysis of prosocial and antisocial goals. Social Development 21: 645–666. , , .
- 2009. Hierarchical dependence in meta-analysis. J Educ Behav Stat 34: 46–73. , .
- 2013. The comparative effectiveness of outpatient treatment for adolescent substance abuse: a meta-analysis. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment 44: 145–158. , , .
- 2013a. Robust variance estimation in meta-regression with binary dependent effects. Research Synthesis Methods 4(2): 169–187. .
- 2013b. ‘Small sample adjustments for robust variance estimation with meta-regression’, Unpublished Manuscript. Teachers College, Columbia University. . c.
- 2013. The malleability of spatial skills: a meta-analysis of training studies. Psychological Bulletin 139: 352–402. , , , , , , .
- 2010. Conducting meta-analysis in R with the metafor package. Journal of Statistical Software 36: 1–48. .
- 2012. Estimating within-study covariances in multivariate meta-analysis with multiple outcomes. Statistics in Medicine 32: 1191–1205. , .
- 1980. A heteroskedasticity-consistent covariance matrix estimator and a direct test for heteroskedasticity. Econometrica 48: 817–838. .
- 2012. ‘Using robust standard errors to combine multiple regression estimates with meta-analysis’, PhD thesis, Dept. of Research Methodology, Loyola University Chicago. .
- 2011. Dropout prevention and intervention programs: effects on school completion and dropout among school-aged children and youth. Campbell Systematic Reviews 8. , , , , .