Chief (Gastrointestinal Pathology, Armed Forces Insitute of Pathology); Chairman (TNM-Prognostic Factors Project, International Union Against Cancer).
Article first published online: 23 JAN 2009
Copyright © 2009 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Journal of Surgical Oncology
Volume 99, Issue 5, pages 269–272, 1 April 2009
How to Cite
Greene, F. L. and Sobin, L. H. (2009), A worldwide approach to the TNM staging system: Collaborative efforts of the AJCC and UICC. J. Surg. Oncol., 99: 269–272. doi: 10.1002/jso.21237
This article is a US Government work and, as such, is in the public domain in the United States of America.
The opinions and assertions contained herein are the expressed views of the author (L.H.S.) and are not to be construed as official or reflecting the views of the Departments of the Army or Defense, The authors have no financial relationship with any products or publications discussed in this article.
- Issue published online: 17 MAR 2009
- Article first published online: 23 JAN 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 DEC 2008
- Manuscript Received: 12 DEC 2008
- 1Cancer Staging using anatomical markers. Bull Inst Nat Hyg (Paris) 1950; 5: 81–86.:
- 2TannockIF, HillRP: editors. The basic science of oncology, 3rd edition. New York: McGraw-Hill; 1998.
- 3GospodarowiczMK, HensonDE, HutterRVP, et al.: editors. Prognostic factors in cancer, 2nd edition. New York: John Wiley and Sons; 2001.
- 4GreeneFL, PageDL, FlemingID, et al.: editors. AJCC cancer staging manual, 6th edition. New York: Springer; 2002.
- 5SobinLH, WittekindC: editors. TNM classification of malignant tumours, 6th edition. New York: Wiley-Liss; 2002.
- 6FlemingID, CooperJS, HensonDE, et al.: editors. AJCC cancer staging manual, 5th edition. Philadelphia: Lippincott-Raven; 1997.
- 7SobinLH, WittekindC: editors. TNM classification of malignant tumours, 5th edition. New York: Wiley-Liss; 1997.