Conflict of interest: We have no personal interest in the products described in this series. These are the personal views of authors based on the data as we find it. We have not received financial support, or other incentives, from any of the stent manufactures described in this series and will not receive any such support in the future.
Article first published online: 7 DEC 2011
Copyright © 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Surgical Oncology
Volume 105, Issue 1, pages 60–65, 1 January 2012
How to Cite
Battersby, N. J., Bonney, G. K., Subar, D., Talbot, L., Decadt, B. and Lynch, N. (2012), Outcomes following oesophageal stent insertion for palliation of malignant strictures: A large single centre series. J. Surg. Oncol., 105: 60–65. doi: 10.1002/jso.22059
This large, single operator, case series of radiologically inserted oesophageal stents for malignant dysphagia assesses outcome and stent related complications. This series demonstrates that stent insertion provides good palliation, however the rate of recurrent dysphagia depends upon the stent type used.
- Issue published online: 6 DEC 2011
- Article first published online: 7 DEC 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 JUL 2011
- Manuscript Received: 3 APR 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.