First and foremost, our gratitude goes to the children at Laroo Boarding School who shared their experiences with us, and we thank the teachers at the school who helped us during data collection. We further wish to thank Manuela Post, Catrin Hoyer, Malisa Mukanga, and Rahel Duresso for their assistance in carrying out this survey. We thank Christophe Bayer for his ideas and support. Finally, our gratitude goes to Prof. Peter Riedesser, Prof. Monika Bullinger, Dr. Claus Barkmann, Dr. James Okello, and Monica Blotevogel for their helpful comments on earlier drafts. This research was financially supported by the Children for Tomorrow Foundation.
Multiple trauma and mental health in former Ugandan child soldiers†
Article first published online: 30 SEP 2010
Copyright © 2010 International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
Journal of Traumatic Stress
Volume 23, Issue 5, pages 573–581, October 2010
How to Cite
Klasen, F., Oettingen, G., Daniels, J. and Adam, H. (2010), Multiple trauma and mental health in former Ugandan child soldiers. J. Traum. Stress, 23: 573–581. doi: 10.1002/jts.20557
- Issue published online: 22 OCT 2010
- Article first published online: 30 SEP 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.