Project funding for the original study was provided by The Josiah Macy Jr. Foundation Grant SF03-09 to E. Alison Holman, and the US National Science Foundation grants BCS-9910223, BCS-0211039, and BCS-0215937 to Roxane Cohen Silver. The supplemental genetic study was supported by The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Nurse Faculty Scholars grant #68046 and an award from the UC Irvine School of Medicine's Committee on Research and Graduate Academic Programs both given to E. Alison Holman. I thank my colleagues Drs. Roxane Silver, Daniel McIntosh, Virginia Gil-Rivas, Michael Poulin, and Judith Andersen for their integral role in the design and implementation of the original study. I thank Knowledge Networks Government, Academic, and Non-profit Research team of J. Michael Dennis and Rick Li for their assistance with collecting saliva samples; Drs. Richard Wintle and Tara Paton of The Center for Applied Genomics for their expert advice and assistance with genotyping; Dr. Zhaoxia Yu for her expert statistical advice and assistance with Hardy-Weinberg analyses; Dr. Moyra Smith for her genetics advice; Preston Reed for his assistance with data analysis; Dr. Peter Scheid for his assistance with ICD 9 coding; and Dr. Dele Ogunseitan for commenting on earlier versions of this manuscript.
Acute Stress and Cardiovascular Health: Is There an ACE Gene Connection?
Version of Record online: 10 OCT 2012
Copyright © 2012 International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
Journal of Traumatic Stress
Volume 25, Issue 5, pages 592–597, October 2012
How to Cite
Holman, E. A. (2012), Acute Stress and Cardiovascular Health: Is There an ACE Gene Connection?. J. Traum. Stress, 25: 592–597. doi: 10.1002/jts.21746
- Issue online: 17 OCT 2012
- Version of Record online: 10 OCT 2012
- Josiah Macy Jr. Foundation. Grant Number: SF03-09
- US National Science Foundation. Grant Numbers: BCS-9910223, BCS-0211039, BCS-0215937
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Nurse Faculty Scholars. Grant Number: #68046
- UC Irvine School of Medicine's Committee on Research
- Graduate Academic Programs
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.