The authors have no funding, financial relationships, or conflicts of interest to disclose.
Head and Neck
Version of Record online: 19 DEC 2011
Copyright © 2011 The American Laryngological, Rhinological, and Otological Society, Inc.
Volume 122, Issue 1, pages 75–87, January 2012
How to Cite
Jackler, R. K. and Samji, H. A. (2012), The price paid: Manipulation of otolaryngologists by the tobacco industry to obfuscate the emerging truth that smoking causes cancer. The Laryngoscope, 122: 75–87. doi: 10.1002/lary.22358
All figures used in this article were drawn from the collection, “Not a Cough in a Carload,” which contains images from the campaign by the tobacco industry to hide the hazards of smoking, and can be found at the National Museum of American History of the Smithsonian Institution. The collection is a gift of the Jackler family in memory of Marilyn Jackler. A portion of the collection can be viewed at: http://lane.stanford.edu/tobacco/index.html
Editor's Note: This Manuscript was accepted for publication August 11, 2011.
- Issue online: 19 DEC 2011
- Version of Record online: 19 DEC 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 AUG 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!