Presented in part at the American Auditory Society Annual Meeting, Scottsdale, Arizona, U.S.A., March 8–10, 2011.
Article first published online: 28 FEB 2012
Copyright © 2012 The American Laryngological, Rhinological, and Otological Society, Inc.
Volume 122, Issue 4, pages 887–894, April 2012
How to Cite
Ellison, J. C., Gorga, M., Cohn, E., Fitzpatrick, D., Sanford, C. A. and Keefe, D. H. (2012), Wideband acoustic transfer functions predict middle-ear effusion. The Laryngoscope, 122: 887–894. doi: 10.1002/lary.23182
This work was supported by the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD grant numbers DC006607, DC000013, DC004662).
Douglas H. Keefe, PhD, is the President of Sonicom, Inc., which is a small business aiming to commercialize medical devices including devices that can be used for aural wideband acoustic transfer function testing. In support of this research, the NIDCD awarded a STTR grant R42 DC006607 to Sonicom, Inc., as Application Organization, with BTNRH as Research Institution.
The authors have no other funding, financial relationships, or conflicts of interest to disclose.
- Issue published online: 20 MAR 2012
- Article first published online: 28 FEB 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 DEC 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 28 OCT 2011
- Manuscript Received: 15 AUG 2011
This article has been cited by:
- 1Conductive Hearing Loss Induced by Experimental Middle-Ear Effusion in a Chinchilla Model Reveals Impaired Tympanic Membrane-Coupled Ossicular Chain Movement, Journal of the Association for Research in Otolaryngology, 2013, 14, 4, 451, , , , ,
- 2Finite element modeling of energy absorbance in normal and disordered human ears, Hearing Research, 2013, 301, 146, ,
- 3Investigation of bacterial biofilm in the human middle ear using optical coherence tomography and acoustic measurements, Hearing Research, 2013, 301, 193, , , , , ,
- 4Wideband energy reflectance measurements: Effects of negative middle ear pressure and application of a pressure compensation procedure, The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 2013, 134, 1, 332, ,
- 5Wideband aural acoustic absorbance predicts conductive hearing loss in children, International Journal of Audiology, 2012, 51, 12, 880, , , , ,