Presented at the Triological Society Combined Sections Meeting, Miami, Florida, U.S.A., January 26–28, 2012.
Head and Neck
Article first published online: 8 MAY 2012
Copyright © 2012 The American Laryngological, Rhinological, and Otological Society, Inc.
Volume 122, Issue 8, pages 1756–1760, August 2012
How to Cite
Patel, U. A. and Brennan, T. E. (2012), Disparities in head and neck cancer: Assessing delay in treatment initiation. The Laryngoscope, 122: 1756–1760. doi: 10.1002/lary.23357
Support for the conduct of the study and preparation of the manuscript was provided in part by John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County, Department of Surgery, Minority-Based Community Clinical Oncology Program Grant (MB-CCOP).
The authors have no funding, financial relationships, or conflicts of interest to disclose.
- Issue published online: 25 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 8 MAY 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 11 APR 2012 02:29PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 MAR 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 19 MAR 2012
- Manuscript Received: 12 MAR 2012
This article has been cited by:
- 2Educational Levels and Delays in Start of Treatment for Head and Neck Cancers in North-East India, Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, 2015, 15, 24, 10867, , , , , , , ,
- 3Factors associated with delays in head and neck cancer treatment: case–control study, The Journal of Laryngology & Otology, 2015, 129, 04, 383, , , , , ,
- 4French Society of ENT (SFORL) guidelines for care pathway organization in head and neck oncology (short version). Early management of head and neck cancer, European Annals of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Diseases, 2015,
- 5Investigating Patient and Physician Delays in the Diagnosis of Head and Neck Cancers: a Canadian Perspective, Journal of Cancer Education, 2015,, , , ,
- 6The effects of geography on survival in patients with oral cavity squamous cell carcinoma, Oral Oncology, 2015, 51, 6, 578, , , , , , ,
- 7Time in radiation oncology – Keep it short!, Radiotherapy and Oncology, 2013, 106, 3, 271, ,
- 8Phase I trial of split-dose induction docetaxel, cisplatin, and 5-fluorouracil (TPF) chemotherapy followed by curative surgery combined with postoperative radiotherapy in patients with locally advanced oral and oropharyngeal squamous cell cancer (TISOC-1), BMC Cancer, 2012, 12, 1, 483, , , , , , , , ,