Telephone: 310-206-6705. Fax: 310-206-4197
MELD fails to measure quality of life in liver transplant candidates†
Version of Record online: 21 JAN 2005
Copyright © 2005 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 11, Issue 2, pages 218–223, February 2005
How to Cite
Saab, S., Ibrahim, A. B., Shpaner, A., Younossi, Z. M., Lee, C., Durazo, F., Han, S., Esrason, K., Wu, V., Hiatt, J., Farmer, D. G., Ghobrial, R. M., Holt, C., Yersiz, H., Goldstein, L. I., Tong, M. J. and Busuttil, R. W. (2005), MELD fails to measure quality of life in liver transplant candidates. Liver Transpl, 11: 218–223. doi: 10.1002/lt.20345
See Editorial on Page 134
- Issue online: 21 JAN 2005
- Version of Record online: 21 JAN 2005
- 1UNOS/OPTN Liver Disease Severity Score, UNOS/OPTN Liver and Intestine, and UNOS/OPTN Pediatric Transplantation Committees. The new liver allocation system: moving toward evidence-based transplantation policy. Liver Transpl 2002; 8: 851–858., , , et al.,
- 7Health-related quality of life in chronic liver disease: the impact of type and severity of disease. Am J Gastroenterol 2001; 96: 2199–2205., , , , , .Direct Link:
- 8Cholestatic liver diseases and health-related quality of life. Am J Gastroenterol 2000; 95: 497–502., , , , .Direct Link:
- 12Relationship of the model for end-stage liver disease (MELD) scale to hepatic encephalopathy, as defined by electroencephalography and neuropsychometric testing, and ascites. Am J Gastroenterol 2003; 98: 1395–1399., , .Direct Link:
- 14Evaluating patient-based outcome measures for use in clinical trials. Health Technol Assess 1998; 2: 19–44., , , .
- 17How to Score Version 2 of the SF-36 Health Survey. Lincoln, RI: Quality Incorporated; 2000., , .
- 18Assessment of utilities and health-related quality of life in patients with chronic liver disease. Am J Gastroenterol 2001; 96: 579–583., , , , .Direct Link:
- 20Statistical Methods in Medical Research. 3rd ed. Oxford: Blackwell Scientific Publications; 1994., .
- 21Experimental Design: Procedures for the Behavioral Sciences. 3rd ed. Pacific Grove, Calif: Brooks Cole; 1995..
- 22Quality-of-life assessments and chronic liver disease. Am J Gastroenterol 1998; 93: 1037–1041., .Direct Link:
- 25Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. 4th ed, text revision. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Association; 2000.