Telephone: 310-794-1781; FAX: 310-794-9718
Kidney dysfunction in the recipients of liver transplants
Article first published online: 19 OCT 2005
Copyright © 2005 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 11, Issue S2, pages S47–S51, November 2005
How to Cite
Wilkinson, A. and Pham, P.-T. (2005), Kidney dysfunction in the recipients of liver transplants. Liver Transpl, 11: S47–S51. doi: 10.1002/lt.20618
- Issue published online: 19 OCT 2005
- Article first published online: 19 OCT 2005
- 1Pretransplant kidney function is an important predictor of posttransplant kidney function.
- 2Chronic kidney disease is present in 20% of liver transplant recipients by 5 years.
- 3Kidney function is impacted by pretransplant management of the consequences of the hepatorenal syndrome.
- 4The use of calcineurin inhibitor (CNI)–based immunosuppression is an important factor in the development of chronic kidney disease, and the use of mycophenolic acid– or sirolimus-based immunosuppression with reduced-dose CNI may be of benefit. (Liver Transpl 2005;11:S47–S51.)