Telephone: (352) 392-7353; FAX: (352) 392-7393
Impact of implementation of the MELD scoring system on the prevalence and incidence of chronic renal disease following liver transplantation†
Article first published online: 9 MAR 2006
Copyright © 2006 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 12, Issue 5, pages 754–761, May 2006
How to Cite
Machicao, V. I., Srinivas, T. R., Hemming, A. W., Soldevila-Pico, C., Firpi, R. J., Reed, A. I., Morelli, G. J., Nelson, D. R. and Abdelmalek, M. F. (2006), Impact of implementation of the MELD scoring system on the prevalence and incidence of chronic renal disease following liver transplantation. Liver Transpl, 12: 754–761. doi: 10.1002/lt.20686
This study was conducted in compliance with the approval of our Institutional Review Board (IRB). The authors have no commercial or other association that would pose a conflict of interest in the writing of this manuscript.
- Issue published online: 20 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 9 MAR 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 NOV 2005
- Manuscript Received: 15 JUL 2005
- 1Annual Report of the US Scientific Registry for Organ Transplantation and the Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network. Transplant Data 1990- 1999. UNOS, Richmond, VA, and the Division of Transplantation, Bureau of Health Resources and Services Administration, US Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, MD, 2000.
- 3Model for end-stage liver disease and Child-Turcotte-Pugh score as predictors of pretransplantation disease severity, posttransplantation outcome, and resource utilization in United Network for Organ Sharing status 2A patients. Liver Transpl 2002; 8: 278-284., , , , , , et al.
- 12United Network for Organ Sharing. Available at http://www.unos.org. Accessed July 2005.
- 13American Diabetes Association. Report of the Expert Committee on the Diagnosis and Classification of Diabetes Mellitus. Diabetes Care 2001; 24: S5–S20.
- 20National Kidney Foundation practice guidelines for chronic kidney disease: evaluation, classification, and stratification. Ann Intern Med 2003; 129: 137-147., , . , , , et al.
- 22Regression models and life tables. JR Stat Soc 1972 34: 187-220..