Telephone: 412-648-8627; FAX: 412-3783-9142
Dental health status of liver transplant candidates
Version of Record online: 26 JAN 2007
Copyright © 2007 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 13, Issue 2, pages 280–286, February 2007
How to Cite
Guggenheimer, J., Eghtesad, B., Close, J. M., Shay, C. and Fung, J. J. (2007), Dental health status of liver transplant candidates. Liver Transpl, 13: 280–286. doi: 10.1002/lt.21038
- Issue online: 26 JAN 2007
- Version of Record online: 26 JAN 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 OCT 2006
- Manuscript Received: 7 AUG 2006
- 1Infections after liver transplantation. In: BusuttilRW, KlintmalmGK, eds. Transplantation of the Liver, 2nd ed. Philadelphia: Elsevier Saunder, 2005: 963–994., .
- 4Dental, Oral and Craniofacial Data Resource Center. Oral Health U.S., 2002. Bethesda, MD: 2002.
- 6The evaluation of renal transplant candidates: clinical practice guidelines. Am J Transplant 2001; 2(Suppl 1): 5–95., , , , , , et al.
- 9Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System Survey, 1997. Division of Adult and Community Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- 10Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System Survey, 1999. Division of Adult and Community Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- 11The Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES III), 1988–1994. National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- 12Agency for Health Care Research and Quality. NIDCR/CDC Oral Health Data Query System. Medical expenditure panel survey household component. Rockville, MD: Public Health Service, 2000.
- 13National Center for Health Statistics. Health, United States, 2004. With chartbook on trends in health of Americans. Hyattsville, MD:, National Center for Health Statistics, 2004.
- 14Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network. Transplant recipient characteristics, 2004. Recipients of deceased donor livers. In: OPTN/SRTR 2005 annual report. Available at http://www.ustransplant.org. Accessed February 3, 2006.
- 15Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network. Current U.S. waiting list (liver), based on OPTN data as of December 2, 2005. Available at http://optn.org/latestData/rptStrat.asp. Accessed December 14, 2005.
- 16United Network of Organ Sharing. Employment status at listing for liver transplant recipients, January 1, 2003–June 30, 2004. Based on OPTN data as of February 24, 2006.
- 17Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network. U.S. transplants performed: January 1, 1988–November 30, 2005. Transplant year (2003–2004) by age, diagnosis for liver. Based on OPTN data as of February 3, 2006.
- 19Biol Ther Dent. Xerostomia: effect on oral microflora. CiancioSG, ed. Hamilton: BC Decker: 1999–2000: 26.
- 24Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network. Liver Kaplan-Meier waiting times for registrations listed: 2001–2002. Based on OPTN data as of February 3, 2006. Available at http://optn.org/latestData/rptStrat.asp Accessed February 13, 2006.
- 35Tobacco and alcohol use among men with oral and oropharyngeal carcinoma. [Abstract]. J Dent Res 1993; 72: 392., .