Perspectives in Liver Transplantation
Designated liver transplant anesthesia team reduces blood transfusion, need for mechanical ventilation, and duration of intensive care†
Version of Record online: 27 APR 2009
Copyright © 2009 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 15, Issue 5, pages 460–465, May 2009
How to Cite
Hevesi, Z. G., Lopukhin, S. Y., Mezrich, J. D., Andrei, A.-C. and Lee, M. (2009), Designated liver transplant anesthesia team reduces blood transfusion, need for mechanical ventilation, and duration of intensive care. Liver Transpl, 15: 460–465. doi: 10.1002/lt.21719
Some of this information was presented at the International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association's 8th World Congress (Mumbai, India, 2008) and at the Joint International ILTS-ELITA-LICAGE Congress (Paris, France, 2008).
- Issue online: 27 APR 2009
- Version of Record online: 27 APR 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 NOV 2008
- Manuscript Received: 21 MAY 2008
- 1Economic Control of Quality of Manufactured Product. New York, NY: Van Nostrand; 1931..
- 2Application of Statistical Methods to Manufacturing Problems. New York, NY: Bell Telephone Laboratories; 1938..
- 3Some Theory of Sampling. New York, NY: John Wiley & Sons; 1955..
- 4Statistical Adjustment of Data. New York, NY: John Wiley & Sons; 1943..
- 5Management of Inspection and Quality Control. New York, NY: Harper; 1945..
- 6Juran's Quality Control Handbook. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill; 1951., .
- 7Committee on Quality of Health Care in America. Crossing the Quality Chasm: A New Health System for the 21st Century. Washington, DC: Institute of Medicine; 2001.
- 9Notes on Matters Affecting the Health, Efficiency, and Hospital Administration of the British Army. London, United Kingdom: Harrison and Sons; 1858..
- 10A Study in Hospital Efficiency. Boston, MA: 1916..
- 12Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients. National database of statistics related to solid organ transplantation—kidney, liver, pancreas, intestine, heart, and lung. Available at: http://www.ustransplant.org. Accessed November 2008.
- 14The Puzzle People: Memoirs of a Transplant Surgeon. Pittsburgh, PA: University of Pittsburgh Press; 2003..
- 17University HealthSystem Consortium. Transplant Services 2003 Benchmarking Project. Available at: http://www.uhc.edu. Accessed November 2008.