Telephone: 410-328-1358; FAX: 410-328-1897
Gender disparity in liver transplant waiting-list mortality: The importance of kidney function†
Article first published online: 18 JUN 2010
Copyright © 2010 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 16, Issue 10, pages 1147–1157, October 2010
How to Cite
Mindikoglu, A. L., Regev, A., Seliger, S. L. and Magder, L. S. (2010), Gender disparity in liver transplant waiting-list mortality: The importance of kidney function. Liver Transpl, 16: 1147–1157. doi: 10.1002/lt.22121
This work was supported in part by the Health Resources and Services Administration (contract 234-2005-370011C). The content is the responsibility of the authors alone and does not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the Department of Health and Human Services, nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the US Government. The project described was supported by Grant Number 1 K23 DK089008-01 from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (to Ayse L. Mindikoglu M.D., M.P.H.) and its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases or the NIH.
- Issue published online: 18 JUN 2010
- Article first published online: 18 JUN 2010
- Accepted manuscript online: 18 JUN 2010 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 JUN 2010
- Manuscript Received: 1 MAR 2010
Vol. 17, Issue 9, 1119, Article first published online: 22 AUG 2011
- 1United Network for Organ Sharing. Allocation of livers. http://www.unos.org/policiesandbylaws2/policies/pdfs/ policy_8.Pdf. Accessed June 2010.
- 4The impact of gender on access to liver transplantation in the MELD era. Gastroenterology 2005; 128: A701., , , , .
- 9National Kidney Foundation Kidney Disease Outcomes Quality Initiative. Clinical practice guidelines for chronic kidney disease: evaluation, classification and stratification. http://www.kidney.org/professionals/kdoqi/pdf/CKD_ evaluation_classification_stratification.Pdf. Accessed June 2010.
- 12World Health Organization. Global database on body mass index. http://apps.who.int/bmi/index.jsp?introPage= intro_3.html. Accessed June 2010.
- 14SAS software. Http://www.Sas.Com/. The data analysis for this paper was generated using SAS software, version 9.2 of the SAS system for windows. Copyright © 2002-2008 SAS Institute Inc. SAS and all other SAS Institute Inc. Product or service names are registered trademarks or trademarks of SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA.
- 15http://mayoresearch.mayo.edu/mayo/research/biostat/upload/criskcox.Sas. Accessed June 2010., , . Criskcox SAS macro: competing risk survival analysis with covariates.
- 16Minitab 15 Statistical Software ( 2007) [Computer software]. State College PM, Inc. (www.minitab.com).
- 18Outcomes and predictors of simultaneous liver-kidney transplantation among patients with kidney dysfunction who are not on dialysis on the liver transplant waiting list. Gastroenterology 2010; 138( suppl 1): S774., , , , .