The results of this article were presented in part at the 49th Annual Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, San Francisco, CA, 2009 (abstract K-974).
Version of Record online: 21 DEC 2011
Copyright © 2011 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 18, Issue 1, pages 70–81, January 2012
How to Cite
Moreno, A., Cervera, C., Fortún, J., Blanes, M., Montejo, E., Abradelo, M., Len, O., Rafecas, A., Martín-Davila, P., Torre-Cisneros, J., Salcedo, M., Cordero, E., Lozano, R., Pérez, I., Rimola, A., Miró, J. M. and the OLT-HIV FIPSE Cohort Investigators (2012), Epidemiology and outcome of infections in human immunodeficiency virus/hepatitis c virus–coinfected liver transplant recipients: A FIPSE/GESIDA Prospective Cohort Study. Liver Transpl, 18: 70–81. doi: 10.1002/lt.22431
A list of the investigators is provided in the supporting information.
This study was supported by the Spanish Foundation for the Investigation and Prevention of Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (Madrid, Spain) through research grants TOH-VIH-05 and TOH-VIH-08. José M. Miró received an INT10/219 Intensification Research Grant (through I3SNS and PRICS) from the Carlos III Institute of Health (Madrid, during 2011 Spain) and the Department of Health of the Generalitat of Catalonia (Barcelona, Spain).
- Issue online: 21 DEC 2011
- Version of Record online: 21 DEC 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 6 SEP 2011 02:12PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 AUG 2011
- Manuscript Received: 30 MAY 2011
- Spanish Foundation for the Investigation and Prevention of Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (Madrid, Spain). Grant Numbers: TOH-VIH-05, TOH-VIH-08
- INT10/219 Intensification Research Grant (through I3SNS and PRICS) from the Carlos III Institute of Health (Madrid, during 2011 Spain)
- Department of Health of the Generalitat of Catalonia (Barcelona, Spain
- 2Solid organ transplantation in HIV-infected individuals. AIDS Clin Care 2002; 14: 59-63., , .
- 13Sociedad Española de Trasplante Hepático. Consensus document of the Spanish Society of Liver Transplantation. Waiting lists, liver transplantation and quality indicators [in Spanish]. Gastroenterol Hepatol 2009; 32: 702-716.
- 16Kamath PS, Wiesner RH, Malinchoc M, Kremers W, Therneau TM, Kosberg CL, D'Amico G, Dickson ER, Kim WR. A model to predict survival in patients with end-stage liver disease. Hepatology 2001;33:464–470.
- 17for Grupo de Estudio de Sida and Consejo Asesor Clínico del Plan Nacional Sobre el Sida del Ministerio de Sanidad y Consumo. Spanish GESIDA/Nacional AIDS Plan recommendations for antiretroviral therapy in HIV-infected adults (October 2004) [in Spanish]. Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 2004; 22: 564-642., , , , , , et al.;
- 18Panel de Expertos de Grupo de Estudio del Sida; Plan Nacional Sobre el Sida. 2008 prevention of opportunistic infections in HIV-infected adolescents and adults guidelines. Recommendations of GESIDA/National AIDS Plan AIDS Study Group (GESIDA) and National AIDS Plan [in Spanish]. Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 2008; 26: 437-464.
- 20SEIF-88. FIPSE study on liver transplant in HIV-infected patients in Spain. https://www.seif88.com/gesida/asp/login.asp. Accessed August 2011.
- 21Mandell, Douglas, and Bennett's Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases. 7th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Churchill Livingstone; 2010., , .
- 22Transplantation of the Liver. 2nd ed. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders; 2005., .
- 27for European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer/Invasive Fungal Infections Cooperative Group and National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Mycoses Study Group Consensus Group. Revised definitions of invasive fungal disease from the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer/Invasive Fungal Infections Cooperative Group and the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Mycoses Study Group (EORTC/MSG) Consensus Group. Clin Infect Dis 2008; 46: 1813-1821., , , , , , et al.;
- 32for Invasive Fungal Infections Cooperative Group of the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer and Mycoses Study Group of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. Defining opportunistic invasive fungal infections in immunocompromised patients with cancer and hematopoietic stem cell transplants: an international consensus. Clin Infect Dis 2002; 34: 7-14., , , , , , et al.;
- 34Tuberculosis in solid-organ transplant recipients: consensus statement of the group for the study of infection in transplant recipients (GESITRA) of the Spanish Society of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology. Clin Infect Dis 2009; 48: 1276-1284., , , , , , .
- 36for Red de Estudio de la Infección en el Trasplante and Grupo de Estudio de la Infección en el Trasplante. Effect of antibiotic prophylaxis on the risk of surgical site infection in orthotopic liver transplant. Liver Transpl 2008; 14: 799-805., , , , , , et al.;
- 44for Spanish Network for Research in Infectious Diseases. Tuberculosis after solid-organ transplant: incidence, risk factors, and clinical characteristics in the RESITRA (Spanish Network of Infection in Transplantation) cohort. Clin Infect Dis 2009; 48: 1657-1665., , , , , , et al.;