Robert J. Fontana has conducted research and consulted for Bristol-Myers Squibb. Eric A. Hughes, Dessislava Dimitrova, and Marc Bifano are employees of Bristol-Myers Squibb. Robert Hindes was formerly employed by Bristol-Myers Squibb and is currently employed by Gilead Sciences.
Article first published online: 27 AUG 2012
Copyright © 2012 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 18, Issue 9, pages 1053–1059, September 2012
How to Cite
Fontana, R. J., Hughes, E. A., Appelman, H., Hindes, R., Dimitrova, D. and Bifano, M. (2012), Case report of successful peginterferon, ribavirin, and daclatasvir therapy for recurrent cholestatic hepatitis C after liver retransplantation. Liver Transpl, 18: 1053–1059. doi: 10.1002/lt.23482
This work was supported in part by the National Institutes of Health through its support of the Michigan Institute for Clinical and Health Research (grant UL1RR024986). The investigational agent, daclatasvir, was supplied by Bristol-Myers Squibb.
- Issue published online: 27 AUG 2012
- Article first published online: 27 AUG 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 18 JUN 2012 05:05AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Received: 21 MAR 2012
- 7et al.; for Consortium to Study Health Outcomes in HCV Liver Transplant Recipients (CRUSH-C). Hepatitis C virus-infected women have a higher risk of advanced fibrosis and graft loss after liver transplantation than men. Hepatology 2011; 54: 418-424., , , , , ,
- 20Genotypic and phenotypic analysis of variants resistant to hepatitis C virus nonstructural protein 5A replication complex inhibitor BMS-790052 in humans: in vitro and in vivo correlations. Hepatology 2011; 54: 1924-1935., , , , , , et al.
- 22Dual therapy with the nonstructural protein 5A inhibitor, daclatasvir, and the nonstructural protein 3 protease inhibitor, asunaprevir, in hepatitis C virus genotype 1b-infected null responders. Hepatology 2012; 55: 742-748., , , , , , et al.
- 23Daclatasvir (DCV: BMS-790052), an NS5A replication complex inhibitor, in combination with peginterferon alfa-2b and ribavirin in Japanese treatment naïve and non-responder patients with chronic HCV genotype 1 infection [abstract]. Hepatology 2011; 54(suppl 1): LB22., , , , , , et al.
- 25Daclatasvir (DCV; BMS-790052), an NS5A replication complex inhibitor, combined with peginterferon-alfa-2a and ribavirin in treatment-naive HCV-genotype 1 or 4 subjects: phase COMMAND-1 study interim week 24 results [abstract]. Hepatology 2011; 54:(suppl 1): A227., , , , , , et al.
- 26Daclatasvir (DCV; BMS-790052) has no clinically significant effect on the pharmacokinetics of a combined oral contraceptive containing ethinyl estradiol and norgestimate in healthy female subjects [abstract]. Hepatology 2011; 54:(suppl 1): A1340., , , , , , et al.
- 39Immunological dysfunction on antiviral therapy for hepatitis C recurrence after liver transplantation is associated with poor graft survival [abstract]. Am J Transplant 2011; 11: A828., , , , , , .
- 41Potent viral suppression with all-oral combination of daclatasvir (NS5A inhibitor) and GS-7977 (NS5B inhibitor), +/− ribavirin, in treatment naïve patients with chronic HCV genotype 1, 2, and 3 [abstract]. J Hepatol 2012; 56., , , , , , et al.
- 42Dual oral therapy with the NS5A inhibitor daclatasvir (BMS-790052) and NS3 protease inhibitor asunaprevir (BMS-650032) in HCV genotype 1 infected null responders or patients ineligible/intolerant to peginterferon/ribavirin [abstract]. J Hepatol 2012; 56., , , , , , et al.