Telephone: 804-675-5802; FAX: 804-675 5816
Version of Record online: 14 OCT 2012
Copyright © 2012 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 18, Issue 10, pages 1179–1187, October 2012
How to Cite
Bajaj, J. S., Thacker, L. R., Heuman, D. M., Sterling, R. K., Stravitz, R. T., Sanyal, A. J., Luketic, V., Fuchs, M., Gilles, H. C. S. and Wade, J. B. (2012), Cognitive performance as a predictor of hepatic encephalopathy in pretransplant patients with cirrhosis receiving psychoactive medications: A prospective study. Liver Transpl, 18: 1179–1187. doi: 10.1002/lt.23484
Jasmohan S. Bajaj conceptualized this study and was involved in all its aspects. James B. Wade contributed a critical review and drafted the manuscript. Leroy R. Thacker performed the statistical analysis. Douglas M. Heuman, Arun J. Sanyal, Michael Fuchs, R. Todd Stravitz, Richard K. Sterling, H.G., and Velimir Luketic were involved in the data collection and interpretation.
This work was partly supported by grant UO1-AT004428 from the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, grant RO1AA020203 from the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, grant RO1DK087913 from the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, and grant UL1RR031990 from the National Center for Research Resources and the McGuire Research Institute.
- Issue online: 14 OCT 2012
- Version of Record online: 14 OCT 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 4 JUN 2012 09:16AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Received: 24 JAN 2012
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine. Grant Numbers: UO1-AT004428, RO1AA020203
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism. Grant Number: RO1DK087913
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. Grant Number: UL1RR031990
- National Center for Research Resources
- McGuire Research Institute
- 11Review article: the design of clinical trials in hepatic encephalopathy—an International Society for Hepatic Encephalopathy and Nitrogen Metabolism (ISHEN) consensus statement. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2011; 33: 739-747., , , , , , .
- 24The cognitive profile of depressed patients with cirrhosis. Prim Care Companion CNS Disord 2011; 13: PCC.10m01090., , , , .
- 31Brain reserve capacity on symptom onset after brain injury: a formulation and review of evidence for threshold theory. Neuropsychology 1993; 7: 273-295..
- 44http://www.hecme.tv/featured_topics/topics/ict_admin/index.cfm?cme_proj_id=2. Accessed May 2012.control test (ICT): administrative technique.