These authors contributed equally to this work.
Article first published online: 7 DEC 2012
Copyright © 2012 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 18, Issue 12, pages 1495–1507, December 2012
How to Cite
Monbaliu, D., Liu, Q., Libbrecht, L., De Vos, R., Vekemans, K., Debbaut, C., Detry, O., Roskams, T., van Pelt, J. and Pirenne, J. (2012), Preserving the morphology and evaluating the quality of liver grafts by hypothermic machine perfusion: A proof-of-concept study using discarded human livers. Liver Transpl, 18: 1495–1507. doi: 10.1002/lt.23550
Diethard Monbaliu and Jacques Pirenne are holders of a chair abdominal transplant surgery from the Centrale Afdeling voor Fractionering (Vilvoorde, Belgium).
This research was financially supported by grant IWT 040350 from the Institute for the Promotion of Innovation by Science and Technology in Flanders and by unrestricted educational grants from Roche and Astellas (Belgium).
- Issue published online: 7 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 7 DEC 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 17 SEP 2012 04:11AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Received: 15 NOV 2011
- Institute for the Promotion of Innovation by Science and Technology in Flanders. Grant Number: IWT 040350
- Roche and Astellas (Belgium)
This article has been cited by:
- 1Challenges to Liver Transplantation and Strategies to Improve Outcomes, Gastroenterology, 2015, 148, 2, 307, , , , ,
- 2Hypothermic Oxygenated Liver Perfusion: Basic Mechanisms and Clinical Application, Current Transplantation Reports, 2015, 2, 1, 52, , ,
- 4“Resuscitation” of marginal liver allografts for transplantation with machine perfusion technology, Journal of Hepatology, 2014, 61, 2, 418, ,
- 5Biomarkers to assess graft quality during conventional and machine preservation in liver transplantation, Journal of Hepatology, 2014, 61, 3, 672, , , , , ,
- 6HOPE for human liver grafts obtained from donors after cardiac death, Journal of Hepatology, 2014, 60, 4, 765, , , , , ,
- 8Regenerative Medicine Applications in Organ Transplantation, 2014,, , ,
- 9Does Hypothermic Machine Perfusion of Human Donor Livers Affect Risks of Sinusoidal Endothelial Injury and Microbial Infection? A Feasibility Study Assessing Flow Parameters, Sterility, and Sinusoidal Endothelial Ultrastructure, Transplantation Proceedings, 2013, 45, 5, 1677, , , , , , , ,