This study was financially supported by personal grants to Jaana Helenius-Hietala from the Finnish Association of Transplant Surgeons and the Paulo Foundation as well as EVO from Helsinki University Central Hospital to this project.
Self-Reported Oral Symptoms and Signs in Liver Transplant Recipients and a Control Population
Article first published online: 12 FEB 2013
Copyright © 2012 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 19, Issue 2, pages 155–163, February 2013
How to Cite
Helenius-Hietala, J., Ruokonen, H., Grönroos, L., Rissanen, H., Suominen, L., Isoniemi, H. and Meurman, J. H. (2013), Self-Reported Oral Symptoms and Signs in Liver Transplant Recipients and a Control Population. Liver Transpl, 19: 155–163. doi: 10.1002/lt.23573
- Issue published online: 12 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 12 FEB 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 21 NOV 2012 02:54PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 3 SEP 2012
- 1Long-term results of liver transplantation. Scand J Surg 2011;100:14-21., , .
- 8Xerostomia: etiology, diagnosis and treatment [in Spanish]. Rev Med Inst Mex Seguro Soc 2008;46:109-116..
- 9Impact of xerostomia on oral complaints in a group of elderly Turkish removable denture wearers. Arch Gerontol Geriatr 2009;49:263-267., , , , .
- 13Assessment and management of oral health in liver transplant candidates. J Appl Oral Sci 2012;20:241-245., , .
- 17Increased infection risk postliver transplant without pretransplant dental treatment. Oral Dis; doi:10.1111/j.1601-0825.2012.01974.x., , , .
- 18Oral candidiasis in immunosuppressed children and young adults after liver or kidney transplantation. Pediatr Dent 2010;32:189-194., , , , , , .
- 19Local presence of cytomegalovirus and Candida species vs oral lesions in liver and kidney transplant recipients. Ann Transplant 2008;13:28-33., , , , , , et al.
- 21Clinical questionnaire study of oral health care and symptoms in diabetic vs. non-diabetic predialysis chronic kidney disease patients. Clin Oral Investig 2012;16:559-563., , , , .
- 22Aromaa A, Koskinen S, eds. Health and functional capacity in Finland. Baseline results of the Health 2000 health examination survey. http://www.ktl.fi/attachments/suomi/julkaisut/julkaisusarja_b/2004b12.pdf. Published 2004. Accessed November 2012.
- 23Heistaro S, ed. Methodology report. Health 2000 survey. http://www.terveys2000.fi/doc/methodologyrep.pdf. Published 2008. Accessed November 2012.
- 26Hospital District of Helsinki and Uusimaa. Clinical trials. http://www.hus.fi/default.asp?path=59,404,22990,9907. Accessed November 2012.
- 28Autoimmune hepatitis/primary biliary cirrhosis overlap syndrome and associated extrahepatic autoimmune diseases. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2012;24:531-534., , , , , , et al.
- 32Salivary dysfunction associated with systemic diseases: systematic review and clinical management recommendations. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 2007;103(suppl):S57.e1-S57.e15., , , , , , et al.
- 33Saliva between normal and pathological. Important factors in determining systemic and oral health. J Med Life 2009;2:303-307..
- 38A retrospective, cohort study of the prevalence and risk factors of oral burning in patients with dry mouth. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 2011;111:720-725., , , , , .
- 39Prevalence and longterm course of primary biliary cirrhosis in primary Sjögren's syndrome. J Rheumatol 2008;35:2012-2016., , , , , .
- 40Autoimmune hepatitis in patients with primary Sjögren's syndrome: a series of two-hundred and two patients. Int J Clin Exp Pathol 2010;3:582-586., , .
- 44Tooth loss and oral health-related quality of life: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Health Qual Life Outcomes 2010;8:126., , , , .