The Liver Transplant and Anesthesia Consortium surveys were funded by the Department of Anesthesiology at Vanderbilt University.
Director of anesthesiology for liver transplantation: Existing practices and recommendations by the united network for organ sharing
Version of Record online: 27 MAR 2013
Copyright © 2013 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 19, Issue 4, pages 425–430, April 2013
How to Cite
Mandell, M. S., Pomfret, E. A., Steadman, R., Hirose, R., Reich, D. J., Schumann, R. and Walia, A. (2013), Director of anesthesiology for liver transplantation: Existing practices and recommendations by the united network for organ sharing. Liver Transpl, 19: 425–430. doi: 10.1002/lt.23610
- Issue online: 27 MAR 2013
- Version of Record online: 27 MAR 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 27 FEB 2013 03:08PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 4 OCT 2012
- 1Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network. Attachment I to appendix B of the OPTN bylaws. http://optn.transplant.hrsa.gov/policiesandBylaws2/bylaws/OPTNByLaws/pdfs/bylaw_162.pdf. Accessed December 2012.
- 4Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), HHS. Medicare program; hospital conditions of participation: requirements for approval and re-approval of transplant centers to perform organ transplants. Final rule. Fed Regist 2007;72:15197–15280.
- 5United Network for Organ Sharing. Attachment I to appendix B of UNOS bylaws: designated transplant program criteria. http://www.unos.org/docs/Appendix_ B_AttachI_VII.pdf. Accessed December 2012.
- 6American Society of Anesthesiologists. Liver transplant anesthesia, guidelines for director of (2009). http://www. asahq.org/For-Members/Clinical-Information/Standards-Guidelines-and-Statements.aspx. Accessed December 2012.
- 7Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network. Membership and Professional Standards Committee—proposal to establish qualifications for a director of liver transplant anesthesia in the OPTN bylaws. Proposal number 50. http://optn. transplant.hrsa.gov/policiesAndBylaws/publicComment/proposals.asp. Accessed December 2012.
- 82006 Annual Report of the U.S. Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network and the Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients: Transplant Data 1996–2005. http://www.srtr.org/annual_Reports/default.aspx. Accessed December 2012.
- 11Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. ACGME program requirements for graduate medical education in anesthesiology. http://www.acgme.org/acgmeweb/Portals/0/PFAssets/ProgramRequirements/040_anesthesiology_f07012011.pdf. Accessed December 2012.
- 13Determining sample size for research activities. Educ Psychol Meas 1970;30:607–610., .
- 20Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, 42 USC §18001 (2010).
- 21Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Quality assessment and performance improvement (QAPI) programs. A resource guide for transplant surveyors. https://www.cms.gov/Outreach-and-Education/Outreach/OpenDoorForums/downloads/QAPIResourceGuide090810. pdf. Accessed December 2012.