Lewis Teperman, M.D., Dilip Moonka, M.D., Anthony Sebastian, M.D., Linda Sher, M.D., Paul Marotta, M.D., Christopher Marsh, M.D., Baburao Koneru, M.D., John Goss, M.D., and John P. Roberts, M.D., received funding from Roche (Nutley, NJ) for the conduct of this study. Sher and Roberts currently are receiving research funding from Novartis. Dennis Preston, Pharm.D., currently is an employee of Genentech, which was acquired by Roche after the study was completed.
Calcineurin Inhibitor–Free Mycophenolate Mofetil/Sirolimus Maintenance in Liver Transplantation: The Randomized Spare-the-Nephron Trial
Article first published online: 25 JUN 2013
© 2013 American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Volume 19, Issue 7, pages 675–689, July 2013
How to Cite
Teperman, L., Moonka, D., Sebastian, A., Sher, L., Marotta, P., Marsh, C., Koneru, B., Goss, J., Preston, D., Roberts, J. P. and Spare-the-Nephron Trial Liver Transplantation Study Group (2013), Calcineurin Inhibitor–Free Mycophenolate Mofetil/Sirolimus Maintenance in Liver Transplantation: The Randomized Spare-the-Nephron Trial. Liver Transpl, 19: 675–689. doi: 10.1002/lt.23658
The study sponsor, Roche, provided financial support for this research and contributed to the study design, analysis, and interpretation; and the development of the article.
The members of the Spare-the-Nephron Trial Liver Transplantation Study Group are listed in the Supporting Information.
- Issue published online: 25 JUN 2013
- Article first published online: 25 JUN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 15 JUN 2013 02:24AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 30 DEC 2012
- 8A randomized controlled trial of late conversion from calcineurin inhibitor (CNI)-based to sirolimus-based immunosuppression in liver transplant recipients with impaired renal function. Liver Transpl 2007;13:1694-1702., , , , , , et al.
- 13Pfizer Wyeth Pharmaceuticals. Rapamune (sirolimus) prescribing information. http://labeling.pfizer.com/showla beling.aspx?id=139 2008. Revised July 2011. Accessed June 2013.
- 22An analysis of liver transplant survival rates from the UNOS registry. Clin Transplant 2008:19-34..
- 37for SMART-Study Group. Renal function, efficacy, and safety of sirolimus and mycophenolate mofetil after short-term calcineurin inhibitor-based quadruple therapy in de novo renal transplant patients: one-year analysis of a randomized multicenter trial. Transplantation 2010;90:175-183., , , , , , et al.;
- 40Reduced risk of cytomegalovirus infection in solid organ transplant recipients treated with sirolimus: a pooled analysis of clinical trials. Transplant Proc 2008;40:1407-1410., , , , , , et al.
- 41Human cytomegalovirus infection alters the substrate specificities and rapamycin sensitivities of raptor- and rictor-containing complexes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2006; 103:14182-14187., , , .